Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.3

Food and Beverage Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

All done in an online application form

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Interview

Correct très rapide avec des questions souvent inutiles mais quand très sérieux dans la façon d approche et de rémunération bravo au recruteur je suis dans la boîte depuis plus de 2 ans.

Hospitality In the Mining Industry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group in July 2010.

Interview

Inital communications was via email, sending cv then selected to go to HQ for a group session, presentation/information about the company, a small maths test and finally the 1:1 interview. The person interviewing me didn't even wait for my answers, was rude, took notes that looked impossible to read. I realised that there were a few people in line to be interviewed but there were at least 5 or 6 interviewers for about 30 applicants so no big deal as far as time etc.
    Looked like a farily smooth operation except this is a recruitment company and with an interviewer like this a really bad representation of the company. In hindsight I should have waited for another interviewer.
    The recruitment supervisor leading the presentation did a great job and was very thorough.
    I had travelled a fair way early this morning - about 3 hours - so I was ready to do my best but was rather deflated after such a treatment. Drove back home for another 3 hours thinking about how silly the interview was and how on earth she would be able to work as a recruiter with that attitude.
    Anyway, it's all experience I suppose but I would be very interested to know if there are other people with the same opinion and perhaps what to be aware of during these circumstances. There must be a right or a wrong answer to "why do you think you'd be good for this position?" I replied because I'm a hard worker, a great team player etc etc. So you can't help but think that there is a formula to live up to or maybe it's just about the interviewer and their attitude. This person definitely didn't like the job and should recruit herself to another position that doesn't involve other people.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you should be chosen for this position?   2 Answers
    • what would be the hardest part of working away?   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

received the interview through a friend that worked there. Met with the head chef and talked for about 30 mintues. Asked basic questions about techinques and recipes. Every recipe is off the top of the head, so there are no formal recipes. Offered me the Job and I took it.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to cook a turkey?
      Do you know how to make sushi?   Answer Question

Negotiation

pay rate is low.. due to high volume of employees

Food Service Manager(Head Chef) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group (Benton Harbor, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

Was easily hired and started right away.

Interview Questions

• Really did not have any difficult or unexpected question. Pretty simply.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

sit in room with manager sign a form and show i.d. and thats all i had to do there is no questions about the job role or anything. all i got told was they were very understaffed and always need people.
    it is very easy to get job with compass as no formal qualifications needed or skills required

Interview Questions

• were in cambridge am i from.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

VP Marketing interviewed me after a phone interview. Took 2 week for initial interview. no communication between phone and actual interview. interviewer did not know what i was there for. Interview was at 3pm. Attended me at 3:20pm. interview completed by 3:46pm. Told I was very qualified for position and would communicate with me after all interview were complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Did you bring a portfolio? Let's see your previous work?   1 Answer
    • Do yo know about us? Chartwell Higher Education?   1 Answer

Caterer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Andover, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Already employee, want to transfer closer to home. Still had to do on line app, and no call backs. Should be able to transfer without reapplying if there is a vacancy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transfer?? Does your current manager know??   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

At Chelsea everyone is taken to one of the suites and then called up for about 15 minutes to chat to one of the senior management staff. People came dressed in everything from shirts to hoodies, I'd stay smartish (for girls a nice blouse with black jeans) to blend in but not look scruffy. Be punctual and don't be afraid to go in and ask where it is because it's hard to find. They talk to you about absolutely standard things like why you want the job, what you're doing in life, experience, values etc. You don't need to prepare except maybe learn a couple of things about the company values and the venue you're applying to to show an interest.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked in a team?   2 Answers

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Compass Group (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a lot of talking about ourselves. Casual, so they could get a good sense of your personality. I met with the Director and then I met with the rest of the managing staff. They told me it would take about a week and that was accurate.

Interview Questions

• How you handle a tough catering client?   1 Answer