Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.3

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

Interviewed at an Information Session..Then shortlisted.Security an police checks.2.5hr medical..White card application..On site inductions. Mostly email communication.A lot of paperwork to be printed and signed off by a JP.Phone calls to discuss parts of process difficult.
    Whole process took 10wks

Interview Questions

• What did I know about temperatures for refridgeration.   1 Answer

Suite Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

5 mins conversation, an email and I started the next day. Very nice manager, nice to work with, always straight to the point. Not a salaried career, but fun and good to make some money.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a drunk aggressive customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, it is a set payrate

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phoned for me to go to the interview and the int was around half hour. Pretty straight forward after the phone call. They advised where to go and who to ask for once there. The building was easy enough to find however recruitment are based in Birmingham and some have no knowledge of the London office locations or landmarks so use google!

Interview Questions

• Previous experience. Why do I wish to be considered. What can I bring to the company. How long would my journey take. What did I know about the company.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group (Binghamton, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely rude, condisending! Very short with questions, like she was annoyed! She was so rude, she'd say " this is what I'm asking and this is how I expect you to answer". I should never had gone there, big time regrets!

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't happy with my cleaning, what would I do?   1 Answer

Hospitality Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Compass Group (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my CV on a Monday and had a phone interview on Tuesday unexpectedly. Was about 5 minutes long and very brief. Was then invited to the stadium. Took a few days of contract filling out and brief food safety and hospitality training. Hired in one of their mass hiring of 200 or so people. Was working with them by the end of the week.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

3 Part Process with a recruiter in the middle. 1st part: one-on-one with direct manager. 2nd part: Panel interview. 3rd: a presentation on 2 topics. The majority of the board was pleasant and asked questions in a round robin fashion.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Strengths/Weakness, Specific IFRS questions, Excel skills, Expectations   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

There was a structured interview with the Retail Manager and a basic literacy and numeracy test.
    The interview focuses on customer service and how candidates behave within the work environment.
    This was then followed with an invite to a trial shift to test candidates' ability as a barista and interaction with customers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were under pressure? How did you cope with this?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Let me go to the office, i sat down and he told me to introduce myself for a bit and I did. Then he introduced the whole thing and I left

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked several behavioral questions and how I made decisions in my previous experiences. After the phone interview I was invited to office one on one interview to meet with three members of different levels. They all had different questions testing my ability to transfer my skills from previous experiences to this role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What can you bring to the team?
      Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

The interview in itself was very confusing. One of the interviewee's who was hiring for the role seemed very disinterested. They had no formal questions prepared for the interview. Just random questions and it was more like an informal discussion.

The job discussion was modified and reposted hours after the interview which was much indicative of the real role a candidate would undertake which was completely different from the one posted previously

It was a complete waste of candidate time and energy spent to prepare for the interview. Had a proper job description been posted in the first place there would have been no confusion in terms of expectations for the candidate or the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company?
      Tell us what you did in your previous role.
      Tell us more about your current company
      Answer Question