Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.3

Bar Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chichester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Chichester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

whole day - watch video of company assess on skills and then taught company service standards, lunch, tested on company standards, tour of site, face to face interview and decision

Interview Questions

• why have you applied for this position and what do you know about this venue?   1 Answer

General Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview itself went very well, but was only given shifts for about a week and a half. I was asked questions about my past experience working in a kitchen. Then I was told about the position, I was asked if I was still interested, to which I answered that I didn't know but that I wuld be happy to help out, and so would be willing to give the job a shot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself   1 Answer

Barista, Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very easy standards are very low. They want people they can take advantage of. It’s not a nice place to be. They want to try to exploit the workers so they hire people that see the potential to do that to very easily.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

the interview was in a friendly environment, the process was so friendly that did not look you are in a interview process, they make the process so easy going and straight forward

Interview Questions

• How long is your expertly in management ?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter first, then phone screens with hiring manager and finally an in person with the leaders that role would support in field. Very long and drawn out (2+ months) only to be told there was an internal candidate interested and they needed to vet that person for role first. Never got anything else after that, not even a declination email!

Interview Questions

• The panel interview focused exclusively on my current employer's business practices.   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview went well, but coming to think of it they were desperate for staff as I was desperate for job. It was a very casual interview. A lady leave due to maternity leave.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Intense, was only asked to tell me about myself and how much I wanted in compensation. Wasn't really much of an interview since it was almost completely guaranteed I'd get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

What are you expecting in terms of compensation?   Answer Question

Box Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief and relaxed. It involved a one on one interview in a room with multiple other interviews going on, the interviewer asked a few general questions such as hobbies, work experience etc but not in an intense manner. Very chilled and no need to stress as much beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome a difficult situation at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Brought you to a conference room and asked you about questions. The head manager was there and was conducting interviews. Was very friendly and inviting. The head manager will write down your answers on a piece of paper. They will also look at you when you are answering, so maintain your eye contact when necessary. Interview lasted around 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: What should you do if a customer comes back, saying that their [food] was cold?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was in-depth, multiple rounds of interviews including a presentation. The recruiter was very informative throughout the process, followed up after each step so that I was never kept wondering.