Compass Group USA Catering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group USA Catering Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass Group USA

3.2

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

A lot of scenarios. Asked for examples of how you would handle situations. If you are experienced and confident, the interview should be easy. Go over your experiences, good ones and bad and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult client you have had and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Compass Group USA

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Had to visit the location in person 3 times and I was sent to another location for the follow up interview as well. Interviews followed by Security and Background Check

Interview Questions

• How can you handle working with demanding staff?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Asheville, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

There were four initial interviewing sessions and a cooking demonstration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how well I handle difficult or demanding people. I thought is was an odd question as it related to the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would recommend being open and honest about your experience in the industry.

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Baytown, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

After submitting an online application i was chosen by a online recruiter and set up to finish my application and interview acceptance online. Once that was completed i was set up with a 1 on 1 in person meeting with the executive chef for the location. We discussed my background, what the company was looking for and the total outlook of what they were looking for. The executive chef at that time was awesome and a great person to talk to and easy to understand what they wanted and were asking for in a person. Once everything was in the clear i was escorted back to the front and a follow up email was sent.

Interview Questions

• I see that you have a culinary background from your present job, what make you think that this would be an ideal job for you?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have in the culinary field?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked for big numbers when it comes to catering?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to do a bit of negotiation but it was due to what degree i had and what we both thought the work load would be like in the beginning and knowing that after a bit of time raises would come into effect along with any bonus.

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Requiter called and explained more about the position. Took a "give me an example when..." phone interview. Not difficult, interview lasted only 35 mins.y