Compass Group USA Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.7

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Obtained and set up through a recruiter. Met with two accounting managers. We glossed over recent experience, describing previous jobs. I was not expected to have much experience. I was asked specifically about Excel skills, and times I have used specific formulas. Behavioral questions were asked about organization, customer service, and other attributes.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle specific customer service situations.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you used VLOOKUPS and pivot tables.   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called...Set up interview Interview same week w/ Manager interview went ok (she was a awkward lady) about a month went by and recruiter called to set up 2nd interview interviewed w/ 2 other ppl they drilled me w/ boring question repetitive irrelevant questions Sent rejection letter the same day

-Asked for references and made me take a a excel test

2nd interview the manager had a rude demeanor. I didn't like her vibe when I walked in they didn't speak when I said good morning not welcoming.

I do believe color played a big part in this interview. I don't feel they wanted any brown ppl on there team. Company lacked diversity few Asian, Black,Latino (but also probably because this company is undesired nobody ever heard of it)

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question no technical stuff   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process is very drawn out. I first interviewed with a hiring manager and was told that if invited to the next round, I would need to prepare a case study. The case study was very involved and took roughly 7-8 hours to prepare, and was presented to the hiring manager, her supervisor, and those who the position would be working with. Once I arrived, I could see from the interview packets scattered across the table that roughly 8-10 people had been interviewed that day. I understand wanting to get the best candidate, but come on. It was a situational based (SMART) interview in the second round and I was told I would hear within a week. After not hearing anything after a week and a half, I followed up and was told I was not selected.

Temporary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

My resume was forwarded to the department that was seeking candidates. After a screening by the employer, I was selected to interview along with a few others. I received the offer after a very short 1-on-1 interview with my boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you have overcome at your previous employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase and I accepted their offer right away.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had a very generic 20-minute phone interview with HR at which time I was told that there would be a call back with further information as to a face-to-face interview. I received that call back and was asked if I was willing to sit in on a group interview with several Sr. staff since they would be in my area. I agreed, and was given the opportunity to interview with 4 members of the Sr. staff. It was very personable, and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't one that stood out as difficult as I already knew one of the panel members and I had done work for them before.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter then did a phone interview. There was then panel interview in front of various leaders. I was offered job by the recruiter. It all moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the panel. - There will be questions about the case study   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much

Manager In Training - Crothall Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

This was just an initial group interview to review candidates and familiarize them with the job and its components.

Strategic Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

several phone interviews and then a face to face. Received an offer within a week. Originally went through a local recruiting agency who referred me to the internal recruiter at Compass Group

Director of Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Great Recruiter I spoke with the Skills test was 6 parts made up of 182 yes no, math (hard), word associations. Then two day prior to the interview they give you a topic and you have to do a presentation to panel group. In the panel inteview there are behavioral questons asked. One was what you think of Diversity, a lot of give examples of different sinerios. It lasted about an hour.

Also, the skill test they send you via email just copy the question and put it in your google tool bar the answer will come up. Every one of the math problems, word association, and other part of the test you can to this for.

Flew in for the interview to Char. got to the hotel and I had to pay for it myself. Had to drive 2 hour to another airport because of cost to fly down the Char.

Asked 4 times for an expense and they keep telling me they would send it out. This is the most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with the an expense report. I am unemployed and I could have used the $150.00 for other things. Why a company of this size feels the need to cheat a person is beyond me.

I would not have worked for them even if they had offered me the job.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

Panel interview for contract position. Took place in one of the contract cafeteria. Employees of at cafeteria were friendly and helpful - especially since I was thoroughly confused with what was going on. I got an interview with each person separately and then with the whole panel together.

Negotiation

It was terrible - mostly due to my naivety. I was low balled.