Compass Group USA Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 24, 2016

2.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a email the same night . Next day went to interview supervisor was really nice and asked simple questions she went over hiring process and the job description

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a couple weeks. Process took a few more weeks after that.Two initial phone screens, in person interview with panel, and a final phone screen.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiter, pre-screen phone followed by 2 face to face interviews. Very easygoing. Big plus if you know about hcahps and know how to manage union employees. you'll get the position.the rest was all basic interview questions and procures. If hired invest in a printer and scanner you'll need it.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY).

Interview

Not much technical term since I was going through referring process. Notified me 1 days before to start work. And, asked to complete project that takes a week within 24-48 hours after I was on board.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed three times, once in which was a group interview.After final interview, I was told that I was going to be contacted within a week. No call or email was sent. Which represents the professionalism in the organization. All candidates should either get an offer or rejection letter/email. However, I received an email in which was mistakenly sent to me that said I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• Generic HR Management Questions were asked.   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the company. It was a favorable experience in the sense that they made me feel comfortable and they asked fair questions which I was able to answer and keep a conversation going for about half an hour. I was hired five minutes after my interview finished and was offered the position that very day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important duty in the kitchen?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position via the ATS system and was contacted almost immediately by the HR rep in North Carolina. I spoke with her for almost an hour, discussing my experience, salary requirements, and questions for the hiring manager.

I then had a brief (half hour) meeting with the hiring manager. She immediately moved me on to the "next round" at the end of the interview and asked me to complete a design project along with a presentation (~4+ hour commitment). At first I was skeptical because it seemed like asking for free work, plus I didn't know how many other candidates were asked to submit proposals, but I thought the position would be a great career move so I decided to give it a shot.

Next, I was contacted almost three weeks after submitting my proposal (four weeks from the second interview) and asked to talk with someone in the IT department in North Carolina. The interview lasted for over an hour and was incredibly unprofessional. This employee said several not-nice things about the hiring manager and also spoke poorly of the previous person to hold the position. He also asked me incredibly technical questions (stuff about app development) which was not necessary to the job (made clear both in the job description and in my questions to the HR and hiring manager). Once I asked him a rather technical question about different severs, and he couldn't even answer! I was left with a very poor impression.

Please note that at this point no one had yet contacted me to discuss my proposal despite several polite email notes requesting follow up.

Finally, I received an email from a second HR representative asking me to present my proposal in front of a panel along with other "finalists" almost a month from the date of the email (three months after I applied and was initially contacted). About a week or so later I accepted another offer at a different company and removed myself from consideration.

Interview Questions

• "Describe your experience with technology."   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

3 step process - all positions are temp to hire 3 months. Interview with attorneys and then with VP. After interviews there is a test for skills in MS office and Adobe.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how I would handle workload in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received a letter via email

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group USA (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Compass Group contact me for a Supervisor position at JFK ,American Airline Terminal, Is not really what I was look for ,but I accepted, because in the future I will promoted .is what Janette Allen the recruited person said..

Interview Questions

• the normal for a Person with my Experience,   1 Answer