Compass Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Compass

2.9

Sort:

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

Two phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews . Everyone was 10 mins late for each interview. For the in person I did not get a tour of the office at all. They seemed pretentious and rushed. Not sure what kind of culture they are cultivating here but was not impressed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk through my job experience and transitions in all 4 interviews.   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks. Constant reschedules of video screens through their inefficient AI system (if you use Google Hangouts and get someone to interview with be assured they will be late) unprofessional and a terrible hiring process. They hire friends of friends and family members and seems to be a frat styled culture.

Interview Questions

• Asked basics such as what you know about Compass and expanding on your resume (almost feels robotic and you will question the lack of authenticity)   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick (within a week), thorough - I met with 7 people, professional, informative, positive, respectful of my time. I met with people from various levels of the company, and each person I met with was prepared and friendly, happy to answer questions, and engaging.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

My recruiter was communicative, efficient, and straightforward. The process included a phone screen and then coming onsite to meet team members. The office location is great with a good vibe. I really enjoyed my interview process at Compass!

Interview Questions

• What is important to you as you search for your next role?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass in January 2016.

Interview

One of the most peculiar interviews I've ever done. I applied online and heard back a month later. The recruiter didn't think I was good fit for the position I originally applied for but found the operations position a better fit. I did an initial phone screen then was scheduled with a Skype video interview with 2 people both of which would bump me because of time. I was then interviewing with a fill in interviewer who assured me I would reschedule and interview with the original interviewers. This would be 50% right as one interviewer would be over 20 minutes late and basically bump the other interviewer who was booked for the rest of the day. This interviewer really didn't ask me any hard questions, just basic stuff...tell me about yourself etc. After 15 minutes she asked me if I had any questions. It was really brief and I was sure that the next interviewer would be the harder one with STAR questions etc so once again I would wait for a reschedule. After a week I heard back that they weren't interested saying they had moved on with another candidate. What makes that weird is that the interviewer mentioned they were hiring multiple people for this position. I honestly still don't think I really interviewed with them.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

Recruiter found me via Linkedin telling me about this position as he thought I’d be a great fit based on my experience. We had an initial phone call which was mostly about my resume. I proceeded to skype with 2 people in the office I was applying to, one was a supervisor, the other was the manager of the office. It seemed more like a personality/behavioral interview as they both said it wasn’t necessary to have a real estate background for this position and that they are looking for someone who had good technical skills, which was reassuring as that aligned with my experience. I’d have to say up to this point, I felt really good as I really connected with the two people I’d potentially be seeing and working with everyday, the manager even said he thought I would be a good fit at the end of the interview. Then it went all downhill from there when they had me interview with an executive in New York. I should have noticed the red flag when he was over 10 minutes late to our scheduled video call with no reason.. He already seemed disinterested in me and asked questions that contradicted what the recruiter and other 2 people were looking for. I guess his opinion mattered more than the 2 people I’d actually be seeing on a regular basis. The recruiter reached out saying they didn’t think I was qualified.... even though I was specifically contacted for that position. It left me under the impression there was no communication between the 2 people in the LA office and the executive in NY. Not to mention, there was a STARK contrast between their personalities and the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an agent who is constantly having trouble with the software?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Made a phone appointment, scheduled two rounds of interviews. Making connections is imperative. These internships are competitive and a connection is usually required. Knowing a bit about compass is definitely helpful. Know their market valuation and future IPO.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the real estate industry? What are your goals within this industry? What are your general career goals?   1 Answer

IT Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

First, I spoke with the Recruiter, who did an amazing job explaining the role and the company. Very friendly and welcoming. The call was followed up with an email to schedule the interview. I had three interviews and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What are your techniques with dealing in rushed situations?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

I had more than one video conference interview. Interviewer completely prioritized company's own weirdly fast schedule; he asked for my schedule, I replied with my available days/times, and he simply sent a scheduling invite that didn't fall into any of my large available blocks (nor did he want to move it when asked). Some interviewers were nice, but others seemed pretentious and/or disinterested from the start. I was also told that the intern would be expected to do repetitive, tedious work, which is the opposite of what good internships in this particular field typically sell to potential candidates. Whole process was a waste of time.

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. From start to finish, I spoke with 5 different Compass employees. In addition to the hiring manager, I spoke with potential colleagues within the department I'd be working, as well as employees from outside of the department. That was a first for me in an interview - it was interesting and helpful to speak with an employee in a completely different area of the organization.

Interview Questions

• More than one interviewer asked me how I felt about working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.   Answer Question