Compass Lexecon International Arbitration Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for International Arbitration Analyst

Compass Lexecon International Arbitration Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass Lexecon

4.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Lexecon (New York, NY).

Interview

Started out with a phone interview. Basic "walk me through your resume" questions.

Then they flew me out to NYC office to meet the team. 5 hour interview with capital budgeting questions and an article write up. Lunch with a few

Interview Questions

• Should a specific company undertake a specific project when giving different items that would effect the firms FCF. NPV and IRR calculations. Having to figure out WACC to discount the FCF, etcetera.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Compass Lexecon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compass Lexecon (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First round: short behavioral interview by phone with hiring manager in New York. Was notified the same day about a second round interview within the same week. Took about half an hour.

Second round: case study, essay, and interview. Took 2-3 hours in total.

Was first given a one-page case prompt to be typed up on the computer in 45 minutes. Question was about whether a fictional company should expand into another country and a slightly different industry. Financial data about the market was provided in tables, as well as costs in the descriptive paragraph. Allowed to use the internet, Microsoft Word, and Excel.

After a break, I was given an essay to be done also within 45 minutes. The question concerned a recent financial event and ensuing lawsuit in the news, and I was to determine essentially who should have won the case. Could use Microsoft Word and the internet; was given links to a couple of articles about the subject.

Part of the interview with members of the office was behavioral; the remaining part was discussing the case, and being led through your thought process and answers. They read and evaluated the essay at a later time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Lexecon (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First round was phone screen with HR then phone call with a vice president. Then they flew me for their final round consisting of case study, interview, and essay. Interview questions where purely behavioral following STAR format.
    Essay was a recent article about a probable merger and their antitrust issues, i was to determine if consumers would actually be affected by the merge of this two companies and explain how this would affect the current prices of the companies.
    Case study involving capital budgeting questions, Quants and Econ. Pretty straightforward nothing tricky. Was asked to calculate profitability index, IRR,Chebyshev inequality, covariance, Herfindahl-Hirschman index calculations and explanation.
    As for the interview itself, purely behavioral questions. Was also asked about a recent project Compass was involved in.
    They threw technical questions in the interview section all of them involving statistics. Such as explain Skewness and Kurtosis.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to think out of the box. Tell me about a recent project Compass Lexecon has worked in. Tell me about a recent research project you have worked in.   Answer Question

Team in houston too small, would rather be in nyc or washington office

Analyst - International Arbitration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Lexecon (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First round behavioral phone interview. Expect questions about resume and past experiences.

Second round in NYC office. First hour was a capital budgeting question involving DCF calculations. Given data on bond ratings, wacc, market data etc. Second hour was an essay question on a recent court case in the financial industry. You have access to internet, excel, and word. After lunch, was asked to defend my case recommendation. Demanded very thorough understanding of corporate finance. Important to keep calm under pressure and admit fault if you make a mistake.

Overall it was a pretty intense experience. The people were nice -- no one was particularly passionate about their work. The workload sometimes seemed a bit crazy. Quiet office.

The work you'd be doing as an analyst seems largely dependent on what the VP or senior analyst want you to do. Not so much room for ownership, but you can definitely have autonomy in your day-to-day.

Compass hires by practice group. The IA team is based in NY, Houston, Latin America, and London.

Interview Questions

the team in houston is fairly small. better offers elsewhere