Compass Marketing Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Marketing Advisor

Compass Marketing Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

Compass seems like a great place to work, but I didn't have the best job interview experience.

I exchanged several emails and had a phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a Skype interview with a woman in the same position I was applying for. This process took weeks, and after having a great second interview, I received a templated rejection email. I was quite surprised, given how well the interviews had gone, so I followed up asking for details on why I wasn't moved on to the next round. I never heard a word back.

The job posting was taken down during my interview process, so I can only assume they hired someone else who was further along in the process and were keeping me on the backburner until that candidate accepted. I don't think so highly of myself that I believe every job is a good fit for me or I'm perfectly qualified, but I was pretty confident things were going well. The impersonal way they turned me down left a bad taste in my mouth. I do feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you've dealt with a particularly challenging client   1 Answer
  • How would you bring a Compass agent on board who's not familiar with marketing? How would you get them to buy into the process?   Answer Question
  • How many projects do you manage at a time?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward - 1 phone screen with the recruiter and 1 on-site interview (2 in-person and 2 on video call). Everything was organized well and ran smoothy up until my last interview with the hiring manager.

Prior to coming on-site, I was asked to complete an assignment to present during to the hiring manager. Not only was she late to our scheduled time, but she didn't ask for the assignment and had to leave early due to someone pulling her out. I had put in a significant amount of time into the presentation and was a little let down that I didn't get to present it.

I then didn't hear any updates for over 3 weeks. I kept following up and the recruiter kept saying there wasn't any update from the team yet but that she'd heard positive things from my interviews. I finally got a call from the recruiter 3+ weeks after my on-site saying that they ended up changed the role and it wouldn't be a good fit for me anymore. Seems like a long time to make candidates wait to adjust the scope of a role.

I hope the recruiting team understands how much time applicants are putting into doing take-home assignments and taking time off work to come in for interviews. If the role is changing, please be courteous and let candidates know sooner rather than later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Contacted by email and scheduled a 15-min interview. Out of the 15 min, 4 were lost because he called late, the remaining 11 were just rushing through questions and him walking around because he could not find a conference room.

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined, efficient, and moved quickly. HR was hands on and provided prompt updates throughout the process. There were 5 interviews in total (1 phone screen, 2 video 1 on 1 interviews, and 2 group interviews). The entire process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how would you apply your background and skills to this position you're applying to, tell me about a time you completed a project you're proud of and the process from start to finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Denver, CO) in December 2018.

Interview

I had 4 interviews- one with the recruiter, 2 with current marketing advisors in my market, and one with the expansion manager. It was professional and easy to schedule with everyone- 2 of my interviews were via video chat.

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard (1 phone call, 2 Skype interviews, and 2 in-person) but this is directed to the recruiting team's post-interview etiquette. After the final interview I was told that they would have a response for me by end week. Thing's were chaotic with them during that time since they had just acquired a new brokerage so I knew that they would take a while to get back to me. However, after weeks of continuous follow up I heard back NOTHING. I have heard of employers and recruiters ghosting after interviews but I have never experienced it personally. It is incredibly unprofessional, and it speaks volumes to the culture of this company and how they treat their prospective employees.

To members of the Recruiting Team: Please understand that prospective applicants are giving up their time to interview and contribute to this company. If they are not a fit, please do them the courtesy of sending a note or update informing them of your decision. By not doing so, you are really tarnishing your reputation and really there is no excuse for not sending a single follow up. Please do better.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass (San Francisco, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I had a phone screen with the recruiter and then scheduled an in-person interview. The interview was a time where I could meet with my potential manager a few of the teammates.

Interview Questions

• An agent has an upcoming listing, and has always used word of mouth to help market themselves. What are a few things you'd recommend to this agent, and how would you approach the process?   Answer Question

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

The recruiter sold me on a great company culture that respects work/family balance and had me super excited about the role.

After an initial phone screen, I went to meet two advisors and the director. The advisors were friendly and asked pretty standard questions about my experience, but the director was extremely unprepared. It was clear she hadn't looked at my resume and was constantly typing notes on her laptop, which left me feeling like I was talking to a recorder. It was extremely ingenuine and made me feel like I was just a number rather than a candidate getting get undivided attention. At the end of the interview, she asked when I could start and then inappropriately asked me if I would be ok "working long hours with a family." She was clearly discriminating against my choice to have a family. If I didn't think I could do the job I never would have applied. It was as if she was trying to discourage me from being interested in the position. She also asked why I decided to be a working mother. Again, not appropriate. To no surprise, I wasn't offered the job, but I certainly wouldn't have accepted it if things worked out differently. Overall, I was disappointed that the recruiter sold me one thing and the team delivered something much different.

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass in December 2018.

Interview

My interview with Compass was pretty straightforward. I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, whom really helped me throughout the interview process. I then had four 1-1 interviews with people on the expansion team and/or the marketing team. All of my interviews were via video conferencing.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Phila, PA) in December 2018.

Interview

Progressive interview style of video chatting with multiple potential team members. Enjoyable and exciting people to speak with. Felt more conversational and smooth than a rigid interview. Would recommend to qualified job seekers.

Interview Questions

• How does your professional experience qualify you for this position?   Answer Question