Compass Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

2.5

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

They reached out to me with out me even applying. Had me go through two different phone interviews, then when I was scheduled to come in for the in person interview, they let me know the day before I was scheduled that the position had been filled. Quite disappointed after all that process.

Interview Questions

• What's marketing campaign that you can recall or left an impression on you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

I was honestly really exciting for this job. The company is extremely well funded. They are a disrupter in the industry. The CEO is brilliant. I received an e-mail for a phone screen which was re-scheduled 3 times. I was then scheduled to interview with two people the following week. One of them did not show up. I was rescheduled twice to interview with the second person. My one interview with the hiring manager went really well. We discussed my potential career trajectory and she shared she felt like I would be a valuable member of the team. Ultimately the last interview was cancelled. I received a call that someone else was hired, before I could even complete the interview process. This was probably the most unprofessional interview process I had ever gone through. I assume this was mainly due to the recruiting team because I don't think an industry professional would cancel/reschedule this many times. I was scrambling to make time for each interview. It was not easy for me to make time, given I do have a full time job. The incompetent interview process doesn't necessarily speak to the company though. If you go through the interview process and don't have these hiccups I would recommend the job.

Interview Questions

• What three things are most important for a marketing plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Beverly Hills, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Amazing hiring process. Efficient and streamlined! Lucy was a phenomenal recruiter who kept me posted every step of the way. Compass is truly a company that cares about its new hires and showcases that by the enthusiasm and assistance they provide throughout the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

There is a phone screen with the recruiter which then was a phone conversation with the hiring manager. I came in for an in-person interview and spoke with the hiring manager and the HR marketing partner. After the offer was extended, I asked to be set up with multiple people to further understand the job and they were very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the interview, I was sent an email with a prompt and asked how I would help the described agent market themselves and their brand at compass.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was quick and easy. It started with an email asking you to complete a recorded video interview where you only got one chance to record your answer to 3 different questions. Next they sent an email saying they were interested and asked if you had any questions about the role, but did not give extensive information about the position in the e-mail. I had a 15 minute call with an internal recruiter who told me more about their plans for expansion into my city and how the office/role would work. Next they scheduled two 30 minute video interviews with team members in the NY office. This was followed by a quick call from the recruiter to see how I thought the interview went and check on salary requirements. I received an offer one or two days after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a demand for something and created something to meet that demand.   Answer Question
    • If an agent was new to Compass, how would you approach a marketing strategy for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Compass (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to set up an appointment for a phone screen. The recruiter was 12 minutes late and was very clearly in a hurry during the call. She seemed disinterested and only asked 2 basic questions: one just asking me to expand on my resume and the next to clarify something that I'd mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your work experience in your own words.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

Applied online was quickly emailed about a phone interview.

Recruiter called 10 minutes late and didn't offer an apology for tardiness and the interview only lasted 5 minutes wasn't a great experience. We talked about my experience and what I knew about Compass.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview. They were very nice but mostly talked about the company and didn't really allow me to talk about my experience or the position. I felt like the person interviewing me just didn't want to be on the phone and I wasn't given any opportunity to discuss my experience and how it applied to the role. Typically interviewers try to get to know the candidate and I didn't feel that was the case with this phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter, Charles Bentivenga, to set up an initial phone screen. When I did the screen with Charlie he was so nice and authentically interested in me as a candidate. From there I did another phone interview with a Marketing Associate that I would be working with in the job. Like Charlie, she was extremely nice and genuine, and I knew instantly that I would enjoy working with her. The next step was an in-person interview with the Regional VP and a video interview with an Assistant Marketing Manager at the headquarters in NYC. They continued the trend of being extremely genuine and showing that they really cared about cultural fit and were not just looking to fill a role. I then had 2 video interviews with 2 other senior leaders at the company headquarters in NYC. The last thing was an in-person interview with a Marketing Director they had just hired for Boston. He was the kind of manager everyone wants. He spent our time finding out about how I like to be lead and what my professional goals were.

My recruiter, Charlie, followed up with me after every interview to see how it went and how they were shaping my view of Compass. Unlike most recruiters I really felt like he was on my side the whole way. After the final interview he checked my references and extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particular marketing campaign that you really like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a standard phone screening which seemed to be positive to me. The interviewer did not seem very interested from the start. However, things got worse when they never got back to me after trying to follow up. Very unprofessional.