Compass Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Compass (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Incredibly unorganized interviewing process. The company is certainly "growing" fast, but I think if a company tries to grow too quickly, people aren't able to keep up with changes, candidates, and emails.

I had applied back in July, never heard back. Months and months later, I get an email regarding my application and their interest in moving me forward. I decided to give it a chance and agreed to the initial phone call. The call was pretty basic, what you would expect. Everything after that just became way too hectic.

Essentially there are multiple recruiters for different regions that they're hiring in, and I don't feel like they're well organized or even communicate with each other. The company wants you to meet with various people within the company that are either your counterparts or higher ups, but you constantly go in a circle. You are asked to complete an assignment on top of that. I did an onsite interview *finally* and even after that, they still wanted me to talk to associate level people who are in their NY office. Those people themselves had no clue what the next steps were and most likely weren't sure why they were interviewing me.

Hadn't heard back almost a month after my on site, with two or three follow ups to the recruiter and the director and manager I met with. No one responded until now. Just received note that they chose to move forward with another candidate. By this point, I had already closed out the company as a viable option and the rejection email feels automated simply because they probably forgot.

Overall, terrible interviewing experience. If you have experience interviewing in general, you know what to expect and how prompt recruiters usually are at updating/getting back to you. Can't say the same at all for this company.

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compass (New York, NY).

Interview

HR screen -> marketing teammate -> direct boss

Awful experience! Granted, HR coordinators were very kind but a total mess. Weeks in between interviews. Interview with potential boss, she was late by 15 minutes and unapologetic. Completely disinterested - don’t think she could’ve possibly made a fair judgment on any of my interview answers.

Bummer bc it’s a great company (on the surface and employee branding anyway) but appears, like any scaling company, still need to figure out hiring process.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a call with the hiring manager, followed by a loop-interview with several members of the team.
    After 5 weeks I have received no feedback, updates or next steps despite requesting them several times.
    It is typical, particularly after a loop interview, to provide feedback to the candidate pretty quickly (>1 week). In reality, I've been 'ghosted' vs being provided any sort of interview response or outcome. A simple 'you were not successful' or 'we're still working through candidates' email would have been customary.

Interview Questions