Compass People Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass People Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

1 Interview Review

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with the Head of People. Video Interview w/ another member of the People Team. Brief phone chat w/ the GM similar to a phone screen + quick intro, nothing too substantive. All straightforward and made me excited to be a part of this team.

Last round was another video interview w/ a member of the exec team based in NYC on a Friday at the end of the day. He was late to joining without any notice. Then joined the video conference, but was having issues with the sound on his computer and became visibly frustrated. He had me stay in the video conference while ran out of the room to grab someone to help. This person also seemed unfamiliar with the video conference software and wasn't really sure what to do. Not the best way to start off, but I hoped for the best and was ready to continue the conversation. His laptop continued to have technical issues with the video and sound cutting out, so he ended up calling me on my mobile which seemed to irritate him even more. There was a surprise "role-playing scenario" that was pretty awkward and the whole conversation by this point was clearly a waste of time. The icing on the cake was when he stopped mid-interview to take a call.

Appreciate the team's willingness to move on an accelerated timeline, but that last video interview was the most unprofessional interview experience I've ever had. Recommend participants in the interview process learn the tools/software used during the process and at least pretend to have some respect for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Role playing - Hiring a new manager from outside, current employee feels slighted. How do you handle it?   Answer Question