Compass Strategic Growth Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Strategic Growth Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Dallas, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

interview includes a phone screen with a current SGA or Strategic Growth Manager and an on site interview with a Strategic Growth Manager and the Director of Sales.

Recruiting team is absolutely horrible and very difficult to get in touch with. It took them several weeks to get back to me and ask for references. Come to find out they switched recruiters for the role and did not inform me. When I sent my references in, they responded within seconds saying they had filled the role. Horrible experience; there is a lack of communication on the recruiters part and you are essentially responsible for getting the recruiter to move things along as they do not take initiative.

As well, the Strategic Growth Associate role is advertised as a "tech sales" role but really it is a glorified recruiting role for recruiting real estate agents which you don't find out until you start interviewing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Houston, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Round 1: The recruiting agency from Dallas reviewed my resume and asked me about my experience. They described the role.
    Round 2: I spoke with one of the SGAs in my role over the phone. Kind and very conversational. He gave me his background and why he chose Compass. Then he asked me about my background. We dialoged about sales and the differences between selling at a traditional SaaS company and Compass.
    Round 3: I spoke with Blake the SGA manager. He is very kind, sharp, and knowledgeable. He did a role play/mock call with me. (video call)
    Round 4: Offer was made and Blake (video call) walked me through the offer and explained how my comp plan operates - SUPER helpful!

The people are amazing! By far THE BEST interview process I have ever been through with a sales manager and company. I was shocked that Blake the sales director saw the value I bring to the company in more ways than just my high sales. He pointed out ways he wants me to help teach the team from my traditional sales background, etc. I felt valued very quickly.
    Sticking to the time they give you is very important. They want to hear you describe your resume/background in 2 minutes or less - they time.
    Linear Thinking Pattern is very important to them... basically don't ramble off on bunny trails. Lead the call well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Compass?   1 Answer

Strategic Growth Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

This was the strangest process I have ever been through:

Two pre-qualification interviews with an outside recruiting team. Then a phone interview with one of the first SGAs, Followed by a in-person interview at the office with a SGM (who was going to be my boss. They introduced me to the whole team and office. This was followed by a computer video interview/assessment, which I found out after the fact wasn't needed. Then I was interviewed with the head of strategic growth/hiring manager. Both the inside and outside recruiting team said "you should receive a package by the end of the week". Weeks went by and the recruiting agency kept calling me asking if I heard from them/received my package, but I never received a call back from Compass. A month later the outside recruiting agent called me saying something internally had happened/shifted and they aren't hiring SGAs anymore.

Overall the interview process was about twice as long as any other company I have interviewed for. The office was amazing and their product seems to be great. That being said, I feel as if maybe they are growing/grew way too fast and are completely unorganized. I mean, how do you tell someone they should receive a package and ask them to start the process of leaving their existing job and then never call them back...Thankfully, I had a weird feeling about the whole thing and held off giving my notice or I would've been screwed.

Interview Questions

• Pick one: a defined job with a paved path to growth or a defined goal with no defined path to take.   Answer Question