Complex Freelance Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Complex

1 Interview Review

2.0

Freelance Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Complex in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from one of their editors who did a brief phone interview. At the conclusion of the phone interview, an in-person interview date was set. The in-person interview essentially consisted of re-hashing everything that was said during the phone interview as well as getting more details about the job, pay rate, etc. The next day, I received an email with an attachment that included instructions on how to create content for their site. There was never any formal training so I had to learn on the fly and through numerous and sometimes frustrating amounts of emails. Four months later, I still have not received any training from anyone on this staff and continue to have to go through the time consuming process of Q&A through email.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The majority of the interview involved background and work experience as well as what you were looking to do with the company, what your interests were and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for freelance. During the in-person interview, I was told that pay rates could range anywhere from $10 to $60 per content, depending on how much time and work was involved. This has since proved to be a faulty and questionable business practice.