Complex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Complex

2.3

Video Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The supervisor just talked about themselves the whole time. Just nod and agree. Mention how you don't mind working in all areas. Say that you can delegate but also take charge. Don't appear as a party animal but serious and dedicated.

Video Production Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Complex in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. The producers are great and make you feel very at ease, as long as you are qualified. I went in a bit nervous but walked away very confident.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was unpaid internship.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The meeting was only about 8-10 minutes long. We went over my resume and why I want to build a career at Complex. After our sit down, I got a tour of their offices.

Editorial Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Complex.

Interview

Straightforward. Sit down, gauging interests and personality. Atmosphere is very casual and people, upper management and fellow colleagues, were relatively friendly. Overall, a very positive experience. You get out what you put in.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First step was a short phone interview with a recruiter from the company who basically spent the whole time asking about salary. Showed no interest in me as a candidate. Also asked me redundant questions about my background that showed that they didn't really read my resume. The whole thing was a complete waste of my time and theirs. It made me think that the job didn't really exist and that they were just phishing for info.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. It took a while for the supervisor to get back to me in terms of when to come in and interview. Once we did get in touch with each other, it was a very quick process and the questions were straight forward

Video Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Pretty brief and simple. The person conducting the interview was nice and it was a really relaxed atmosphere. It was half interview and half finding out more about the company. They explained a little bit of what they were looking for in the position and the day to day running. Overall great interview experience.

Style Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The application/notification process was very quick. After applying I had interviewed and got accepted within a week. The interview itself was also rather quick with just a few questions about my experience as well as the obligatory 'Why this company?' question.

Interview Questions

• What website do you go to in order to find current happenings?   Answer Question

See What Complex Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “-Some people think the brand is cool. That means you might be cool too. -Fun and friendly office environment. -Strong reach for the content you'll make—gets your name out there...”“-Some people think the brand is cool. That means you might be cool too. -Fun and friendly office environment. -Strong reach for the content you'll make—gets your name out there. -Depending on your department and the day, you'll get some creative freedom. -Free beer on tap” – Full Review