Complex Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Complex (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

One of the most inconvenient and confusing experiences of my entire life. The process started off pretty standard. I applied online and then a week later I received an email from HR looking to schedule a phone interview for the following week. A week later I had the phone interview and it went really well. I don't even think we talked for 15 minutes before the hiring manager let me know that he wanted to interview me in person the following week. I mean he really buttered me up telling me how great of a candidate I was. On the day of the interview I get to the building only to have to wait in the lobby for about 30 minutes because I wasn't "on the list". I end up having to call the hiring manager via cell phone and emailing HR before I was finally let up. During the interview I was supposed to meet with 3 people: the hiring manager (who is a director), another director in the dept, and the dept head. One of the directors wasn't present but I didn't care because he wasn't the hiring manager anyway. So I'm sitting there with the hiring manager and he's doing the same thing on the phone telling me how great I am and we talk for about 15-20 minutes before the dept head comes in. So as I start to recap EVERYTHING I already said, within 3-5 minutes the dept head tells me that he doesn't think "I'm a good fit" and then the hiring manager starts to echo that and I'm like HUH? How? So he starts to give me a basic reason about me not having experience with marketing campaigns when I have over 8 years of experience. After I prove him wrong by diving into specific examples of my experience (I even had documentation of a past project) He goes "OH okay I see that you're a hybrid" So after that the head leaves the meeting... mind you he was there for all of 10 minutes. The hiring manager then gives me a tour of the whole Complex building and I'm feeling good about it all. Later that evening I get an email from the hiring manager asking me to send an example of a presentation I worked on...I send over 3.YES, 3! All within maybe 2 hours of getting the email. Anyways, NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK TO THIS DAY. NOT EVEN A GENERIC REJECTION LETTER. I sent a follow up email two weeks later. No response.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really get any questions really more so explaining upcoming projects and talking about my past experiences.   1 Answer