Comptia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comptia (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for an intern Position. The HR initially called me for an interview out of the blue and was not able to attend the call. When I was not able to get in touch with the HR (HR didn't attend or return the call) when I followed up with a call for 2 weeks. Finally after 2 weeks when I called for a follow-up, HR attended my call and then and there took an interview. The interview was mostly about experience and an interview was scheduled at Downers Grove for an interview with the head of the department.After a month of follow-ups emails for the details of the interview, I get a call saying the role was scrapped. I understand business needs come first but it is very frustrating as the HR took forever to reply to an email couple with the incredibly slow process leaves a bad impression about the company.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comptia (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Very polite and moved at a good pace. However, they kept too many candidates in the running considering they asked a considerable amount of your time. If their going to make it so difficult during the interview process they should only put the final 2 candidates through Presentations, multi-interviews etc...

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for CompTIA instead of where you currently work.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comptia (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

Fairly relaxed interview process. I spoke over the phone with HR before and after the in-person interview to run through some initial screening questions and then follow up questions. I had a one-on-one interview with the department head.

Interview Questions

• Traditional Interview Questions about my resume and past experience, and why I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

Public Policy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comptia (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview was basic, getting to know the applicant and their motives for applying. Group onsite interview was more about specifics on resume and what to bring to the job

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Comptia (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Job parameters changed from regular, full-time to contract position in between initial phone interview & 1:1; company did not notify me of the change. After a few minutes, it became clear that I was over-qualified for the revised position. We had a pleasant chat about the industry, but it wasn't really an interview.

Interview Questions

• (All responses from initial phone interview): Do you think that creativity or efficiency is more important?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comptia in April 2012.

Interview

Goof balls. Received an email to do a phone interview. I replied back with available dates and times. Never heard anything back. I waited four days and phoned the HR rep who had emailed me. Left a message on her voice mail. She emailed me back again, asking for availablity. I told her again. She called and the phone interview went great. She said she'd have me talk to the hiring manager the next day who happened to be located in another state. 45 minutes before the phone interview was to happen I get an email from her saying it was cancelled because the position was filled. Huh??? So the person you hired would have had a face to face interview, a background check and a written offer but you're still conducting phone interviews for the position?? Crazy.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected - "What industries have you not been applying to?"   1 Answer

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comptia in October 2009.

Interview

The HR dept. will contact you first. When you return the call it's not to set up an interview, they start as soon as they say "Hello" so be prepared. The initial HR interview is comprised of typical interview questions. What are your strengths, weaknesses, etc. There were several interviews. The enjoyment of the interview depended on who you talked to.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your communication style.   1 Answer