CompuCom Field Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CompuCom Field Technician Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

the hiring process is very simple I spoke with a recruiter then interview with the hiring manager the decision took about 3 weeks background check driving record and drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

some room for negotiation but not much

Other Interview Reviews for CompuCom

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly and prompt. I was very pleased with the hiring process. The paperwork was easily handled and there was always an open line of communication to several people. They informed me very well of what I would be doing and spent any time I need explaining details. They made the entire hiring and interview process worry-free.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected question was whether or not I had any experience with printers. I had some but not much mechanical experience but luckily they were quick to inform me that there would be some training to make up what I didn't know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what was my asking price and I said I was negotiable. In a short time we came to an amiable agreement.

Anonymous Employee in Newman, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompuCom (Newman, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews. Both with area managers. I was asked a series of questions. To test my knowledge of IT infrastructure amongst other things like POS systems.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
    working in a dusty retail environment,
    being on a lift to install a access point,
    getting dirty while working on a printer,
    43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
    can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
    we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Took 10 Min. - Over the phone. - Asked three things: "Do you own your own reliable transportation" - "Do you have a CompTia A+" - "Are you able to work now." - Great, you start work Monday and we will ship you a laptop and a packet of "Training Materials". - There was ZERO technical exam. There was nothing that you would expect in a technical hiring position. If you had the above, and could speak on the phone. You got hired.

Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom.

Interview

Telephone interview, Very few questions manager was rushed and interrupted by the incoming issues. Began work the next morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You take what they offer or don't take the job.