CompuCom Help Desk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CompuCom Help Desk Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at CompuCom

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

When I started pretty much all hires were 90 days temp to perm. So I went through an agency to be hired on. The recruiter gave me a list of questions they would ask, what is an outlook pst, a template .dot file. Then a mock user to you agent situation where the goal is to either make you crack and get angry or break down and cry. So to see how you handle an angry caller. At this point in this companies place in the market/profit happiness, they only care about how you will search in the knowledge base or google for the technical answer and handle an angry caller because you really have no technical experience and you don't lose your cool when it gets obvious you are incompetent at what you do.

Either way keep your cool and answer all questions with I'm no completely sure but I would search the knowledge base or online and you're golden. Show up everyday on time and they'll never fire you because you're hired on at $15 an hour and if you take 2-3 calls an hour and create a ticket, you're making money for the company.

They used to require an a+ certification after 90 days, but now it's obvious they don't/can't expect it with the talent they hire on these days.

If you can keep your cool and act like you know enough to get through the interview, then you're good for CompuCom. Just remember that if you are good enough to get your A+ and learn from what you do there, you don't belong there and get out after 2-3 years max.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about no raises, but more work year after year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What is your breaking point of being whipped for years?

Other Interview Reviews for CompuCom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompuCom (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience if you are entry level and you are trying to get your foor in the door. The atmosphere seemed nice, and the people seemed to enjoy what they do. The training you experience is above average. They prepare you very well for your job.

Anonymous Employee in Indian Land, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom (Indian Land, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

Was a smooth experience. They will make you feel as comfortable as possible. Hiring manager was a down to earth type of guy. Interview took less than 30 minutes to complete and heard back 30 minutes after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect to a printer that is on the main floor of a building and you are on the second floor.   2 Answers

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CompuCom (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was great. Got in there and was promptly greeted by reception staff. Was given a coffee and a newspaper and left to sit in a beautifully warm cozy room. I then got to watch the news while the interviewer prepared some notes for our interview. The interview went for about 45 minutes and covered off everything I'd ever dreamed of. Unbelievable experience

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a user had a problem with their flux capacitor   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. I stated what I wanted. They stated what they would give me and we went from there

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CompuCom in October 2013.

Interview

After referal, recruiter sends an e-mail with topics you should study. They apply one Reading and comprehension test and one grammar test. They also make technical Knowledge test an fullfill a Background log. They also take you to a separate room to make pronunciation test in which they make you some questions about your hobbies also you get to read some sentences over the phone. Finally the make a practical test on the computer divided into some exercises mainly changes on Control Panel and Microsoft Office and amultiple option test.

If you asess these tests then they set up an appointment with a manager. They will ask you normal interview question about your background. Normally they what if situations about printer and internet troubleshooting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are hired for three months