CompuCom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CompuCom (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by the recruiter within a few days. Very nice and easy to work with. Answered all my questions and gave me a great description of the job and requirements. She asked a lot of great technical questions relevant to the position. Also asked what type of pay I was looking for. Instead of asking this question I wish they would just provide the pay info. Sometimes it disqualifies you from being considered. Other than that it was a pleasant experience.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CompuCom in May 2017.

Interview

Applied then 8 days later had a phone interview with the recruiter. A couple days passed then scheduled an in person interview with the HR Manager at the Plano location. The day of my interview I got there early by 10 minutes. The security desk person informed me that she was on a call and will be down shortly. The thing that turned me off was that the manager came down 30+ minutes after the scheduled interview. Even the security clerk had said she was very late. The 2nd turn off was how she dressed sloppy and she admitted that she didn't like doing interviews. Her expertise was benefits. She had a few bad things to say about the company. Even admitted to drop the f bomb from time to time. She really didn't ask any questions as she stated she didn't like interviewing. I personally can't stand behind a manager that doesn't work or lead by a positive example. I was hugely disappointed and disgusted. After I went home I emailed the recruiter a thank you letter. First interview where I ever did not want to get picked because I don't would surely decline.

Interview Questions

• not really asked any questions at all. I remember vaguely going over one aspect of my experience.   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CompuCom (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After being screened by InsightGlobal staffer I had an phone interview appointment with a CompuCom supervisor. He asked me about the experiences listed on my resume for about 15 minutes and as I have already have the experience needed and am proficient at selling myself, this seemed to go by quickly. He asked if I had questions and I kept him talking for another 30 minutes or so. I was then told there would be a decision in the next 2-3 business days and I would be contacted. Soon after the InsightGlobal staffer sent me some paperwork to sign regarding background check, drug screening and a release form.

Interview Questions

• Asked what Experiance I had, what I currently do when troubleshooting hardware and software, if I had A+ or Net+ certification, if I have experience with printers and POS as they deal with a lot of retail.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CompuCom in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for position through company website. Received an email from company HR recruiter to set up an initial interview. Had initial interview and then was referred to have interview with hiring manager. In the interview with the hiring manager, it was uncovered they were looking for specific experience with Service Desk metrics that was not listed as necessary in the job description. Once that was uncovered, the hiring manager ended the interview, stating that's the type of experience they were seeking for the position.

Interview Questions

• Provide information on your quota attainment and how you attained it.   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompuCom (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

1. I interviewed with a Manager for a job with this company. From the start itself, he pretended to be someone who he definitely was not. His accent and behavior gave him away. This was rather clear by his 'professed' Western accent. Pretensions does not sit well in any interview.
    2. From the question he asked about some IT aspects, it was quite apparent that he himself was not 100 percent clear as to what the answer was.
    3. The payment that they offered was the payment that would have been perfect for a guy starting out in the IT field (15 years ago) not a seasoned IT Specialist with 12-15 years of experience in some rather high level IT companies.
    4. Personal question has no real importance in the IT field specifically when the job offered had nothing to do with ones marital status etc.

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot a laptop that does not turn on.   1 Answer

Tier II Desktop Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CompuCom (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

Late in the evening a Recuiter called me asking if I was free for a an interview at Intel the following morning. Being Intel, I gladly accepted. Once in the interview, the interviewer was friendly and have a causal feel to the process. He asked me a series of technical questions, job experience, and how I would handle certain situations. By the end of the interview I had felt confident, and was told to expect notification within two business days. Over a week had gone by and I received no word.So I emailed the Recuiter, and a day later he responded by saying they had decided to move with a different candidate. Since I did not get the offer, I asked the Recuiter if he had any other options available, after that I have still not received any response.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a computer is updating, suddenly shuts down, and then will not power on?   1 Answer

Easy Office Installer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CompuCom (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter submitted resume. brought in for a ne and one interview with manager then a second option questioning by employee.You seat down in the meeting room not to the tech center where you would work. They seem to hire based on what they think of you not on skills. Clues were that they have had hundreds of technicians not make it because they couldnt explain to customers technicial problems.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompuCom (Blue Ash, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, and had an interview a few days later. The interview was with a manager and a tech guy. The manager mostly focused on personality questions, while the tech guy asked about various low level issues a typical help desk caller might have. This role didn't mesh well with my background as I'm a UNIX and Networking guy, and I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me how to take apart a lap top. If someone calls in asking why they can't open their Power Point presentation in Outlook, what do you tell them. If someone can't print in Windows, what next step would you take?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CompuCom (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional. No one told Security that I was scheduled and I wasn't given a name to ask for. I had the recruiter's name but he didn't answer his phone or IM. Finally an HR rep left for lunch and on the way out noticed me talking with Security and told him to let me in. (She asked me if I was "the 11 o'clock".) I was finally given a badge to get in the elevator.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions. An HR rep looked at my resume and told me that I was overqualified and that was it. Lasted about two minutes, including the time it took me to take off my coat, sit down and take my resume and some other documents out of my briefcase.   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CompuCom (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience if you are entry level and you are trying to get your foor in the door. The atmosphere seemed nice, and the people seemed to enjoy what they do. The training you experience is above average. They prepare you very well for your job.