CompuCom Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.7

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CompuCom (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Account Manager and Customer liaison interviewed me. Gave me a overview of Compucom and the contract customer. Asked some basic technical questions and gave me an opportunity to sell myself.

Interview Questions

• If I knew what AD stood for.   1 Answer
    • To rate my organizational skills from 1 to 10.   1 Answer
    • What schooling I had completed related to the position   Answer Question
    • What experience I had related to the position   Answer Question
    • If I had experience imaging, wiping, and troubleshooting computers/hardware.   Answer Question
    • What types of ticketing systems/software I was familiar with, if any.   Answer Question
    • What business software/applications am I familiar with and how proficient am I with each? On a scale from 1-10.   Answer Question

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CompuCom (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview was a bit strange. Started out ok, tell us about your work history, etc. Then it sort of shifted to things like “are you able to lift and carry 50 lbs?” Well I am and I said so, but it went south after that. Most of the questions followed the same “Are you ok with X?” format.

Things like:
    working in a dusty retail environment,
    being on a lift to install a access point,
    getting dirty while working on a printer,
    43 cents a mile reimbursement vs. the standard 50,
    can you check your email throughout the day while in the field,
    we have a complicated parts and inventory system, can you work with that?

This went on for a good thirty minutes.

Almost a litany of issues they might have had with past employees that they were hoping to avoid by screening out anyone that answered no to any of the interview question. I ended up getting the job, but being able to work with a complicated parts and inventory system isn't the same as automatically knowing how to from day one. I think these guys were both shocked and disappointed by that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was through a temp agency, they didn't open compensation negotiations after they interview.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CompuCom (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Agency found the job for me. Phone interview was done with manager and on-site interview was scheduled. We agreed on a salary, and when the offer letter came in, is was less than we agreed upon. I told them I will need to think about this because we had an agreement. He called a few days later and said " he was able to get the original salary offer' I somehow doubt it was the case. I feel this is done to other applicants too.