Computer Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Computer Aid

2.4

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Aid (Telephone, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

I found the job via online and contacted the temp agency recruiter that posted it in Florida. He did a basic phone interview and then setup a phone interview with Computer Aid. The questions were fine and mostly covered my background and knowledge of the software. Shortly after I was offered the job and accepted it. I given a contract that I signed and went to take my urine test. I put in my two weeks notice at my current job and since this position was in Allentown PE and I am out of Oklahoma I started packing up and found a room to rent online. I paid $30 for a background check for the renter and with 4 days left before my starting day I went online to book my flight. Luckily I checked my e-mail and there was an e-mail from the temp agency recruiter who said that I cannot work at Computer Aid because of a credit check they did on me. (back in 2014 when I was going through a divorce, my wife that was living at the family home without decided to to keep the monthly credit card payments and my student loan I was having her pay online. I never even knew about it until several years later when I went to have one of credit companies send me a new card that I could use. During that time the credit companies got judgements against me that I had on clue had happened. So naturally I was so upset that I thought I wouldn't be liable so another 2 years of legal help and research went by that I came to my answer that I would have to pay for them so I have the ones that were not written off down to about $6,000 and my student loan down to about $8,000). The gentlemen that I interviewed with at CAI was really nice and was left in the dark on the whole thing. It really hurt me emotionally and financially. I didn't have a job after I had put my notice in to quit and after years of being responsible I got punished severally because of a small window where I made a mistake. It wasn't like I was going to be handling money, I understand that. But for a systems job. It should be illegal.

Interview Questions

• Give us a rundown on your employment and education history.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Computer Aid in September 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager at Computer Aid, then interview with their client.

Salary is nonnegotiable and low for the position. Benefits were additionally lack luster like PTO.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile a Java program?   1 Answer
    • What sort of build tools have you used with Java projects?   Answer Question

Computer Aid Response

Oct 11, 2019 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the feedback, while we try to move the interview process along quickly, the length of the process can vary based on various factors. Our Talent Acquisition team is happy to answer any questions that candidates have during the interview process and discuss timelines.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Computer Aid.

Interview

After a phone call and emails, went in and met with the software Architect, Business Analyst, and Team Manager. Talked about my background and classes, and just kind of got to know each other. came in and took a written aptitude test.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computer Aid (Newark, DE) in June 2018.

Interview

Two round interviews
    1st phone interview, if you got the phone interview, that means you are qualified to some extent, ask the basic contact information, then set up the onsite interview. after you take an easy test online. Like a quiz.
    2nd, Tell me about yourself, Just briefly introduce yourself, education, working experiences, what you did in the past. They probably need a person who can speak more than one language. Then go back, they will call you and test the language efficiency.
    Done, You probably will get hired if you do not apply for the English support only.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember, Just all kinds of basic questions.
      What's your biggest weakness/strengths. How do you conquer them? Something just like that.   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Interview

I applied to a job on-line through this consulting firm and was treated horribly. First the recruiter ignored my application. Then when a higher authority forced her to contact me, she was hostile, belligerent, argumentative, abusive and belittling. She acted like she hated me. And no, I don’t know her. She made absolutely no attempt to treat me like a job candidate, let alone a human being. She promised to submit me to the client immediately and to have an answer from the client in a couple of days. Instead, she tried to ghost me. After a few days passed from the day she was supposed to tell me if I had an interview, she still had not called me back. In order to avoid her negative energy, and because I assumed she would not pick-up the phone if I called because of her negative and hostile attitude, I sent her a brief email. She responded that “we decided not to submit you” out of the blue with no explanation. It was like I was irrelevant and I should just go away. The higher authority that I spoke to previously refused to reprimand this recruiter for her behavior or correctly submit me to the client as promised. The recruiter lied and blocked me from a job. The worst part of this is that it is clear that this firm does a disservice to their clients (the people paying the bill) by not submitting the most qualified candidates because they are following their own agenda. And the clients don’t know that they too are being cheated.
    When I thought about it, I remembered that I had been warned to stay away from Computer Aid as far back as 1999. It was common knowledge that they had the lowest consulting rates in the area. If you want to work for them, you have to take $10 to $15 per hour less than the market rate. (They forced me to take $10 less than my regular rate. But I think they were trying for $20 less.) Or they won’t use you. We think that their game is to pay everyone less so that they can increase their profits. Or they might think they can win by underbidding, which hurts they person who is actually doing the work the most. Not fair.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Computer Aid (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Was fair, took somewhat of an IQ test followed by basic interview questions and a phone call soon to let you know if you were accepted or not followed by offers.

ETL Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Computer Aid.

Interview

Interview w as very good, started with introductions and i brides my profile and tested my knowledge on etl and where u liked the way they did the interview.they are very polite and good enough to understand our answers and also have quick response after the interview and explained about the project and it's duration

CS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Computer Aid (Allentown, PA).

Interview

The interview process was solid. It included meeting with the heads of different departments and all were very down to Earth and easy to talk to. They each look over your resume and ask different questions based of off it. As long as you have the proper skills you'll be fine.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computer Aid (Harrisburg, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come for an interview from someone I know who has been with the company for a long time. I came into the office for the first one and the rest were on the phone and through email - very unorganized.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Computer Aid.

Interview

Sat in a room with a manager and a lead developer. The manager asked me various questions related to my interpersonal skills. The developer asked me basic technical questions. Nothing too complex.