Computer Generated Solutions Director of Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Director of Marketing

Computer Generated Solutions Director of Marketing Interview Questions

Director of Marketing Interview

Interview

I was cold called by their recruiting department based on my posted resume. The recruiting manager began to ask probing questions based on my experience. Everything was routine. They seemed to probe their questions in one particular area of my background. This was not an issue as I am proud of my accomplishments in this area.

Then came the question that every interviewee is asked: What is your expected salary?

Now, I know that the interview experts will tell you that you should never answer this before finding out their salary range first. But for me, I believe my salary requirements were well within an industry excepted range. And in dozens of previous interviews, I answered this honestly and no one batted an eyelash. Except for this time.

"Oh, that is way out of line, the recruiter said."
"Why, what is your range?" I responded.

The recruiter told me that their absolute maximum salary was half what I was currently earning. And that was 50% less for a senior level role and located in New York City, no less.

"Good luck" I said before hanging up.

Interview Questions

• Noting to speak of. It was their lowball salary range that was unexpected.   Answer Question