Compuware Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PDP Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online first but did not get a call for two months so applied again through reference and immediately received a call from HR explaining about the interview process and about the company.Soon within two days the HR scheduled one written programming interview in which they had send me some java program to write code.It was simple program to implement 4 functions.Then after a day they scheduled for telephonic technical interview in which i was asked very basic questions like inheritance vs abstract, static method vs static block,polymorphism, final finally finalize,Singleton class, basic unix commands like ls, cd etc...
    After that i received a call for onsite interview where there were 3 rounds
    First round
    1)Writing and executing a program for sorting Person objects based on data members like age and name.
    I did it well and i finished in 40 mins of given one hour

Second round
    Presentation on any application which i built.
    I showed the demo of my application.Design and flow everything.They will ask to go through the code as well.
    He said that he can understand my confidence from the way i am presenting.
    In this round there were also two analytic questions/puzzles to be solved.
    They were very simple.

Third round
    Behavioral round
    I was asked to tell me what i would do in situations like under pressure.
    If i want to remove two members from a team whom and how do i choose.
    There were many other questions.

Every round was for one hour.
    I felt i have done pretty well in all the rounds and i did not expect a reject from Compuware even in my dreams.

2 days after my onsite interview HR called me and said unfortunately we are proceeding with other candidates.It was shocking

The package is bit less.It was 60K but since i heard much about t he company i wanted to apply.The onsite experience was good and they treated very well.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing like difficult part.   2 Answers

PDP Member (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

1 round phone interview with HR, and 2 rounds with leaders of PDP. Then got the onsite interview in Detroit. On the interview day, there were four rounds individual interviews about technology, teamwork and some logic test. And give a representation in the afternoon.

Negotiation

No negotiation about the salary...

APM Gaurdian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Had two initial rounds over phone.
    1st Interview was by an HR who had a set of questions.
    2nd Interview was taken by one of the people in charge of the APM program, this too had the same questions as the 1st round, but digged a level deeper.
    Got called onsite for final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Common questions during phone screen.
      1) What is load balancing?
      2) Difference between router and a switch
      3) What is indexing in a database?

Don't remember other questions...
      Also they ask you how comfortable you are in giving presentations et al.
      Do through study about APM tools and prepare a couple of questions to ask them.

On the super day, they have 6 rounds of interviews followed by a presentation.
      Interviews are not that stressful, they focus on various areas: Technical (not difficult, should be easy for any decent comps related grad), Project based, Behavioral, something like a quiz, HR and one where someone comes in to tell you how the company is (so all you have to do is listen).

Presentation is very important...they kind of stress test you....so prepare well.   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

Recruiter called next day after applied. Then arranged for telephonic and then after that got call for another round of face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Most questions are for analytical thinking. So there is no right ot wrong for the questions. It is all to see how well you are able to think for the solution. Over all experience is great.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through an online job portal, and was contacted by a recruiter for initial screening. Once speaking to the recruiter, I was then called to inform a phone interview with one of the managers two days later than my initial screening.
    Interview with manager was good. Involved basic networking, oops, and behavioral questions. Few minutes later, was called and informed that will be having another phone interview, this time with the director of the program. Interview with director was very much related to my career goals and my potential to be a part of their team. Was invited to their headquarters an interview day.
    Interview had tour of their building, lunch, one on one interviews, essay, and finally presentation.
    After presentation, was verbally given an offer, and formal letter of offer the next day.

They really try to see if you would be able to handle pressure situations, and basic skills.

Technical interview was very basic and easy. Just know everything on your resume, and be truthful about who you are.

Presentation was a very important aspect of the interview. They really like to see how efficiently can you grasp their product and how can you respond to different situations during the presentation. Learn their product on your finger tips.

Interview Questions

• Draw and explain how their product works.   1 Answer
    • Name the layers of the OSI Model.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is an entry level position. They offer decent base salary plus benefits.

PDP Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

First HR person will speak on phone, followed by two technical phone interviews and once u r through they will call you onsite to Detroit City where they have 3 more rounds (Coding exercise, Behavioral, Technical) and they will ask to give a Demo on a project u worked

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They wont increase the salary in any case

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The most intense interview I've ever been through. They really try to get to know you on a personal level and a technical level.

Interview Questions

• They have some logic tests... not difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is usually non-negotiable for entry level positions.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

First, i was contacted by recruiter, then there was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interview in Detroit. I reached on time, They show you there building and they boost there company for a while later, it was time for interview. 2 people interviewed me. They asked pretty straight forward questions, like what is difference between String buffer and String builder, difference between hash map and tree map, arraylist and vector, when to use which ? Later they ask me to write a program on there board(There was a white board bhind me where i was sitting). They asked me to sort array items and print smallest and biggest item. They asked my past experience and discussed more about my projects. They asked more questions on OOPS concepts ,polymorphism, encapsulation, etc. In the end they said that they are looking for some more experienced developer. They wanted some one who is very strong with Springs framework...

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process was shortened from normal process because of need and company contact. Conducted 2 telephone interviews, traveled to corporate headquarters for discussions with Delivery Manager, Practice Director and Vertical VP.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would address an engagement for which you assumed responsibility that was incorrectly scoped and now the project required a greater budget than originally proposed.   1 Answer

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a representative / recruiter from Compuware via email. I was asked in this email to to respond with times for my availability. I responded by communicating my times and the interview time was set. When I arrived at Compuware location I was greeted and offered a beverage. The interviewer asked me several questions about my resume as well as my experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• I wad asked about quality assurance software and job tracking software that I was unfamiliar with   Answer Question