Compuware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compuware Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware in November 2015.

Interview

I was approached by a well connected person, telling me that Compuware were looking for a senior level person to help run their support organization. I agreed to talk to them, and after a few weeks had a chance to talk to a recruiter. At that point I had no knowledge of any job requirement, title, scope or anything. During the conversation the recruiter would not supply any information at all, saying she "likes to leave these details for the the hiring manager", who, she claimed, had seen my resume and was more than happy to fly out to California and meet with me. In any case, we had a pretty good conversation, and she promised to get back to me "on Monday, at the latest" (interview was on Friday). Three weeks later, after numerous voicemails and emails she responds with an e-mail that she "talked to the hiring manager, told him about me and they decided I was not suitable". Really folks? Based on this nonsense conversation and me shooting in the dark with no information you made that decision?

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compuware (Madison Heights, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I came in to have an interview She want me to talk about my experience in working at the Hotel and why I left and she want say three things about me and I said that I am quick leaner very dependable and a hard worker

Interview Questions

• They ask me to tell them three things about myself and I said I am very dependable quick leaner and hare worker   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and then a second with the head of the software team. then a 2 hour on site interview with around 10 senior employees.

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Contacted from out of the blue by an offshore recruiter for Compuware looking for someone to fill a Sales Engineering role for Compuware's APM solution. Went through 30 minutes of typical screening questions, told I was a great candidate and then the recruiter went dark and never responded to any contact attempts.

Was contacted AGAIN by another offshore recruiter for Compuware looking to fill a similar position and after the initial screening call, same story, they were putting me through to the next round. A week goes by, then another and no responses to inquiries.

Finally, nearly a month after I went through the screening process and after not responding to multiple status inquiries, I was told they have put the position on hold.

The whole process was a complete waste of my time. Never again.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compuware.

Interview

Got to meet a lot of the staff. Given a list of duties for the job and a very detailed job description. They made a point to show me where the cafe was located in the building and hinted that I shouldn't leave the building.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness and why should we hire you now that we know that?   Answer Question

Customer Technical Support Analyst Interview

Interview

only do writing test and some basic question in the interview. there are 3 interviews totally. HR and technical interview and then the manager interviewed me. they did not ask lots of interview questions, just very simple question, like what's your weakness.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The interview process was short and simple.First the recruiter called and asked few questions.Then the recruiter called for the interview.The interview process started out with a quick HR-style phone interview with a recruiter, where only a couple of technical questions were asked, i.e. explain the difference between a router and a switch. The next phone interview will be decidedly more technical, but not completely difficult. Lots of OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) questions, networking questions, virtual machines, etc... I was asked to come on down for the final interview, which consisted of 5 interviews in the morning and a prepared presentation in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware in March 2014.

Interview

Compuware was at my school Job fair. I gave out my resume and I got an email about a week later asking me to provide available times for a phone interview. The phone interview, the recruiter explained to me more about the company and the position and basically wanted to know what my career goals were and how I would best fit into the company. She explained thoroughly what the position entailed and then we went over my resume and why I applied for the position. She then proceeded to ask me some technical questions, I saw most of them on glassdoor so it wasn't really a surprise but I was told the position doesn't require you to be too technical as they train their candidates on the skills they require them to have for the job but the way the interview was, she expected me to know everything about networks and how they work. After the questions, I asked my own questions, just trying to know more about the position and the company culture. One thing I wasn't expecting in a phone interview was a salary requirement question, it caught me off guard. I mentioned something a little higher than what they were offering and she laughed and told me what the pay was but bonuses were available after a year or so. I thought the interview went well. I was very prepared for it. Next steps were to give my responses to the higher level management and get feedback. After two weeks, i received an email saying that they are pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? during a phone interview
      What does a firewall do?
      What is the difference between a router and a switch?
      What is a proxy server?
      What is load balancing?
      How does database index work?
      3 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware in February 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by email. I set up a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked me simple behavior questions and picked at my resume. She also asked me general technical questions such as explaining firewalls and proxies. After a few weeks she contacted me to set up another phone interview with a hiring manager. He asked me questions similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a non-technical presentation you have given.   2 Answers

Professional Services Interview Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compuware in January 2014.

Interview

Process took more than 2 months still waiting. First round of interview was general hr questions .Second round was technical with in depth questions on technology. Said there would be third round of interview with client but that never happened.