Compuware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compuware Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2016

2.8

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Contacted from out of the blue by an offshore recruiter for Compuware looking for someone to fill a Sales Engineering role for Compuware's APM solution. Went through 30 minutes of typical screening questions, told I was a great candidate and then the recruiter went dark and never responded to any contact attempts.

Was contacted AGAIN by another offshore recruiter for Compuware looking to fill a similar position and after the initial screening call, same story, they were putting me through to the next round. A week goes by, then another and no responses to inquiries.

Finally, nearly a month after I went through the screening process and after not responding to multiple status inquiries, I was told they have put the position on hold.

The whole process was a complete waste of my time. Never again.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compuware.

Interview

Got to meet a lot of the staff. Given a list of duties for the job and a very detailed job description. They made a point to show me where the cafe was located in the building and hinted that I shouldn't leave the building.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest weakness and why should we hire you now that we know that?   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compuware (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The interview started with a phone screen, and then I was brought in to meet with 2 sales Managers, an employee, and the VP of sales. The whole process took half a day at headquarters.

Interview Questions

• There were no strange out of the box questions, everything was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on the salary or the vacation time.

Customer Technical Support Analyst Interview

Interview

only do writing test and some basic question in the interview. there are 3 interviews totally. HR and technical interview and then the manager interviewed me. they did not ask lots of interview questions, just very simple question, like what's your weakness.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

The interview process was short and simple.First the recruiter called and asked few questions.Then the recruiter called for the interview.The interview process started out with a quick HR-style phone interview with a recruiter, where only a couple of technical questions were asked, i.e. explain the difference between a router and a switch. The next phone interview will be decidedly more technical, but not completely difficult. Lots of OOP (Object-Oriented Programming) questions, networking questions, virtual machines, etc... I was asked to come on down for the final interview, which consisted of 5 interviews in the morning and a prepared presentation in the afternoon.

Entry Level Mainframe Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial interview phone call with recruiter, simple questions to confirm the resume/interest in the position. Followed up by a phone interview with developers and management, some more technical questions about resume. Culminated in half day onsite interview involving multiple meetings and a "logic" test. "Logic" test involved hand writing code to parse data out of a database.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told offer was non negotiable.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware.

Interview

Although a little nerve wracking at times, the interview process was a very positive one. I was always kept in the loop with recruiting and HR, and I always had somebody to contact when questions arose. I am looking forward to starting my career with Compuware.

Interview Questions

• If you had the company credit card and plane and you could pick up anybody in the world and take them anywhere in the world, who would you take, where would you take them, and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware in March 2014.

Interview

Compuware was at my school Job fair. I gave out my resume and I got an email about a week later asking me to provide available times for a phone interview. The phone interview, the recruiter explained to me more about the company and the position and basically wanted to know what my career goals were and how I would best fit into the company. She explained thoroughly what the position entailed and then we went over my resume and why I applied for the position. She then proceeded to ask me some technical questions, I saw most of them on glassdoor so it wasn't really a surprise but I was told the position doesn't require you to be too technical as they train their candidates on the skills they require them to have for the job but the way the interview was, she expected me to know everything about networks and how they work. After the questions, I asked my own questions, just trying to know more about the position and the company culture. One thing I wasn't expecting in a phone interview was a salary requirement question, it caught me off guard. I mentioned something a little higher than what they were offering and she laughed and told me what the pay was but bonuses were available after a year or so. I thought the interview went well. I was very prepared for it. Next steps were to give my responses to the higher level management and get feedback. After two weeks, i received an email saying that they are pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? during a phone interview
      What does a firewall do?
      What is the difference between a router and a switch?
      What is a proxy server?
      What is load balancing?
      How does database index work?
      3 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware in February 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by email. I set up a phone interview with the recruiter. She asked me simple behavior questions and picked at my resume. She also asked me general technical questions such as explaining firewalls and proxies. After a few weeks she contacted me to set up another phone interview with a hiring manager. He asked me questions similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a non-technical presentation you have given.   2 Answers

Application

I interviewed at Compuware in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com and recruiter contacted me expressing interest and wanting to describe position further. After a couple of days an in-person interview was scheduled, in which I met with with 2 managers, 2 technical analysts and VP of company. Within a day I received a call and was offered the position.