Compuware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compuware Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2016

2.8

Professional Services Interview Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compuware in January 2014.

Interview

Process took more than 2 months still waiting. First round of interview was general hr questions .Second round was technical with in depth questions on technology. Said there would be third round of interview with client but that never happened.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

interviewed several years ago at old location in southfield. Nice office good people. Have a friend that worked their - great culture. market started to tank pretty soon after my interview. All in all - seemed like a great place.

Interview Questions

• I should have been better prepared for UNIX questions.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Started off with a couple of phone interviews. One from a recruiter, and one person from the program I was going to enroll in.

After the initial phone calls, I got brought in for a full day interview at the headquarters in Detroit. Where I met with many people from the team. For the morning, I was given a tour of the building (which is lovely), followed by a carousel style interview where I met with 6 different people. Interviews ranged from getting to know me, to a technical interview as well as an interview about my beliefs on customer service.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience.

Interview Questions

• While not unexpected, the toughest part of the interview was where we had to give a presentation about there APM product with using their website as the only source of information. The group size can vary however I was presenting to a group of 10 people which is nervous.   Answer Question

From the interview process, I felt that I would have been really happy here. I had a tough choice between multiple offers and chose another company closer to my home

Software Deliver Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware in December 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR rep and then another phone interview with someone from the Professional Development Program. The first interview was introducing you to Compuware and a better description of the job. The second interview consisted of technical questions and why you want to work for Compuware.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compuware (Waltham, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Quick and efficient interview process. Straight forward questions - no game playing or asking trick questions.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview is a pretty intensive process. You will be on-site for almost a full day going thru a series of different interview types. Both technical and non technical. The day concludes with a business presentation at the end. A lot of it just has to do with how well you can think on your feet and answer tough questions without dropping the ball, so to speak

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness>   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compuware.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview. I had an HR round which seemed pretty easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compuware.

Interview

I actually got this interview from initially going in to be a Java Developer. I felt like I really clicked with a majority of the people I met with Compuware. I mentioned I really enjoy traveling and I'm very outgoing/sociable so this opportunity opened up for me. My on site interview was only an hour and a half long (instead of the 5 hours including the tour, lunch, etc.) The first half hour was what is normally covered over the phone - networking questions and the like. I was honest and said I have very little experience with networks. The hour long interview was giving a presentation. You'll get an email prior to your on site interview with some scenarios. You'll pick one, research APM, and present your solution. If you're comfortable with talking then you'll have fun with it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult if you're comfortable with talking/presenting. Be prepared for them to ask you questions during your presentation!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Mainly just told you what you'll be making (along with bonuses) and how often you can get raises.

Interview

Talked with a representative at a career fair and gave a copy of resume. Got a phone interview that mostly asked about what I knew about Compuware (products, history, etc.). Got scheduled for an interview a week later. Interview consisted of meeting the managers and a software developer in separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what some difficulty was in a project completed at school.   1 Answer

PDP Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compuware (Detroit, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online first but did not get a call for two months so applied again through reference and immediately received a call from HR explaining about the interview process and about the company.Soon within two days the HR scheduled one written programming interview in which they had send me some java program to write code.It was simple program to implement 4 functions.Then after a day they scheduled for telephonic technical interview in which i was asked very basic questions like inheritance vs abstract, static method vs static block,polymorphism, final finally finalize,Singleton class, basic unix commands like ls, cd etc...
    After that i received a call for onsite interview where there were 3 rounds
    First round
    1)Writing and executing a program for sorting Person objects based on data members like age and name.
    I did it well and i finished in 40 mins of given one hour

Second round
    Presentation on any application which i built.
    I showed the demo of my application.Design and flow everything.They will ask to go through the code as well.
    He said that he can understand my confidence from the way i am presenting.
    In this round there were also two analytic questions/puzzles to be solved.
    They were very simple.

Third round
    Behavioral round
    I was asked to tell me what i would do in situations like under pressure.
    If i want to remove two members from a team whom and how do i choose.
    There were many other questions.

Every round was for one hour.
    I felt i have done pretty well in all the rounds and i did not expect a reject from Compuware even in my dreams.

2 days after my onsite interview HR called me and said unfortunately we are proceeding with other candidates.It was shocking

The package is bit less.It was 60K but since i heard much about t he company i wanted to apply.The onsite experience was good and they treated very well.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing like difficult part.   2 Answers