Comverse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comverse (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Several round with key stakeholders and eventually with the division head. The interviewers were all professional and friendly. They care more of your past experiences. Was not being "testing" for anything technical. They also spend a lot time explaining the organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions around your past experience. One manager asked for sample report you wrote from the previous job.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiting member. Live Interview was rescheduled once due to customer escalation. Interview conducted with the hiring manager. He then brought in his Director for a brief introduction. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• None. Most questions were run of the mill interview questions   Answer Question

Product Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Comverse (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

4 different interviews, long selection process, first phone screening, interview with responsible for the selection, interview with head of department, interview with direct manager, cross interview with other manager, second interview with head of department, interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, references, knowledge of customers, previous projects participated, knowledge of technical details, market trends, hot topics for customers   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Comverse (Wakefield, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Straight forward onsite interview. Hiring manager one on one interview first and then talked to Hiring manager's manager. He asked some other questions regarding past experience and finally asked to write a pseudo code problem on the spot for a recursive small program.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you've done? and other behavior related questions and also technical interview question about C programming.   Answer Question

Revenue Managerial Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Comverse in April 2013.

Interview

it was a detailed and thorough review of Software Revenue Guidance and pro forma situation questions.Met with the CFO, CEO, VP of Finance, and the Revenue Manager. The Revenue Manager was being promoted to Controller.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, test the waters.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Comverse (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Went well - received a job offer within 4 days however I didn't know that the company was going through some serious transitions - wasn't a good working environment. Interviewed four people withing a hour and given a brief tour of the facility,

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comverse (Wakefield, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with several members of the management team as well as engineers who I would be working with on projects. The interviews were about thirty minutes each and lasted about a half day. Asked to return for a second round of interviews during which I was informed that the would be making me an offer. After that dealt with HR over the phone for discussions related to compensation and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Asked about software quality assurance process and best practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I accepted the first offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comverse (Pune (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Process was good and simple. Had 4 rounds, 3 telephonic and one Skype.
    Rounds were simple and to the point about position.
    First round had Unix and SQL questions
    Second round was more of technical on my past experience
    Third round was for Skype and was just a formality.
    Last round was with VP which included Analytic ability question primarily along with few others.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about Unix, SQL, and few analytical ability.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comverse (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

A bit confusing, but follow standard process!

Negotiation

Straight!

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comverse (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process starts with one telephonic round interview, after that two technical round interviews, after that one Upper management and HR round. If you are selected in technical round then, it is most probably u are selected.

Interview Questions

• Some unix questions, like grep command, wild char use in unix.   1 Answer