Con Edison Gold Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con Edison Gold Associate Interview Questions

3.2

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two employees, one was a mechanical engineer and the other an on field technician. The mechanical engineer was a previous gold associate. I gave them my resume during an on campus career fair and received an interview within 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pre prepared, everyone will get this interview on the first round.

Tell us what you know about the company - very important
    What industry to you see yourself in?
    What career path do you want ?
    Need to know about energy usage, power lines, Kwh etc
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a phone interview, then the second interview was a lot longer and in person. Was there for a few hours, and at the end had to answer two essay questions. Few weeks later was sent a personality test and went to go get a medical screening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary varies though depending on what degree you have. Note that the position may require overtime that is not mentioned beforehand.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online, called 3 weeks later. First interview was very laid back and located at the company headquarters. You are made to wait, HR rep was super nice. Basically you are grilled by a former GOLD associate on your resume. After that, you wait to see if you made it to the second interview. When you get that call you must schedule a second interview, they asked me for mine to occur two days after the phone call. Second interview was much harder, with two mid-upper level managers asking you scenario based questions. They really make you elaborate on these ethically theoretical questions. After the interview was over, you are led to the middle of the HR floor and told to write some essays on why you want to work for Con Edison, and what are your leadership qualities. Also had to fill out a form with references and a background waiver, so they could conduct a background investigation. When exiting, the HR representative informed me that she would inform me either way if I got the job within 30 days. I was informed via email that I had to take a Hogan personality test to see if my personal values matched up with the companies, took about an Hour to complete online. I got a call about 40 days later. The representative read what sounded like a pre made speech on the fact that I had been selected into the GOLD program. I received my Offer letter and benefits package via email later that day. Good benefits and great salary in my opinion for right out of school. They have, however, lowered the initial starting salary recently, but it is still extremely competitive for recent graduates in my opinion. Program start is the same for all selected applicants.

FYI: over 3100 applicants for about 50-70 spots. Out of those spots, 40-50 are engineering majors, and the remaining 10-20 are business/economic/accounting and computer/IT science majors.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you are not proud of doing in your lifetime?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation, it is 54500 …..a week out of college. PLUS full benefits

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview

The first interview was a one-on-one interview that asks you situational type questions "what would you do if...?" Some questions seemed to have a slight emphasis on leadership, and if you are a leader, or if you actually do things and not just take exams and get grades.

It's a 2-part interview, and very few are accepted into the Gold Associate program.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your extracurricular activities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I went for my first round of interviews for the Con Ed Gold Associate program. The interview was a one on one interview at my campus. The questions were for the most part behavioral and not very technical.
    Some of the questions were about projects you worked in the past and about your interest in the company.
    Overall the interview was not difficult I'm waiting to hear back to see if I passed on to the second round of interviews held at their headquarters.