Con Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con Edison Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2018

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation to take the test within the same month. The test took place a month after I received the email. It's 5 parts. Basically a harder version of the online study guide. I failed it the first time, then received an email 2 months later informing me that was asked to come back and take the test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Con Edison (Long Island City, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I went to take the aptitude test after they had included in the email a study guide that seemed very basic. The actual test was much more difficult, comparable to an SAT in terms of difficulty, as well as the timed sections aspect of it. I felt a bit misled on the difficulty of the test, thinking it would be as simple as the study guide. I ended up failing.

Interview Questions

• first section gives you an explanation of company protocol and then asks you questions based on the info. the info will tell you when or not a customer is entitled to an extension of a due payment, then the questions will give circumstances of a specific customer.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview

After submitting, I got at interview around 3-4 weeks later. I took a drug test and then went to see the work site and I had a technical interview. The questions were related to my courses as well as the department, gas engineering. The whole process takes around 2-3 months and will require additional recommendation letters.

Interview Questions

• What is the primary component of natural gas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job back on December. I got an email for the assessment test which had two parts(5section multiple choice & Simulation Call). You have to pass each part in order to move forward. After I took the test I got an email 2 days later that I was scheduled for an interview. I did my interview on the 22nd of February with two people where I was asked scenario based questions about my past job experience. The next day i received an email with a job offer. Before you start you have to go through a background check and pre employment medicinal.

Interview Questions

• A customer calls telling you that they have just paid their rent and don’t have any money left to pay their bill and they received a turn off notice. They have used all of their extensions. What are you going to tell them ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

After taking the five-part exam I was called back for an interview which lasted a little bit under hour with 2 interviewers.I was asked basic scenario questions on my prior employment.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who exhausted all the extensions on a turnoff notice?   2 Answers

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First phase is a phone interview consisting of a set of behavioral questions, second half is a set of technical questions. First phase of the interview process. If first phase goes well, they will ask you to come into their headquarters for the second phase, which is an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe main concepts behind object oriented programming   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison in October 2017.

Interview

met in person with a recruiter on campus, then never heard back. asked general behavioral questions and a few what would you do questions pretty simple and thought i did well but never heard back from recruiter

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison in September 2017.

Interview

1. I applied thinking "Hey, I really need a job let me see if this can actually work out for the best!"
    2. I received an email asking me if I can attend a testing of 5 sections that you'll have to pass. It is intense because it is TIMED. Starts off with 50 ppl and only 8 was left. At the end you had to do a test acting like you were talking to a customer. (They do provide examples of the test which I studied. It wasn't on the test but it helps your mind get into that setting. ALSO pay attention to the examples they give it will help)
    3. I received another email to approve for a meeting with two individuals. They write down everything. Practice how you answer your question in the mirror. It will help you with key words your want to use in your interview process.
    4. I received an email for the medical. Took me 4 days to get a response but it can take up to 2 months I heard.
    5. Email came through saying I passed and can I start orientation.
    6. Most likely Orientation means thats when you start, so put in your week/two week notice.

(Difficult bc the first test is intense. You can know the answer but you have to get through it fast)

MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE - GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (Troy, NY).

Interview

Applied after talking to rep at school career fair. Interviewed on campus a week or so later. The interview was very nice. He asked about my resume and was very interested in past leadership experience. Overall very good experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not achieve the results you wanted or when your plan was unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

With a small interview with 2 supervisors, briefly go over yourself and description and your reasoning for wanting to work with Con Ed. The interview process usually is quick at less than an hour. Although it might seem intimating, supervisors delivered a positive attitude and upbringing spirit.