Con Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con Edison Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison in September 2017.

Interview

1. I applied thinking "Hey, I really need a job let me see if this can actually work out for the best!"
    2. I received an email asking me if I can attend a testing of 5 sections that you'll have to pass. It is intense because it is TIMED. Starts off with 50 ppl and only 8 was left. At the end you had to do a test acting like you were talking to a customer. (They do provide examples of the test which I studied. It wasn't on the test but it helps your mind get into that setting. ALSO pay attention to the examples they give it will help)
    3. I received another email to approve for a meeting with two individuals. They write down everything. Practice how you answer your question in the mirror. It will help you with key words your want to use in your interview process.
    4. I received an email for the medical. Took me 4 days to get a response but it can take up to 2 months I heard.
    5. Email came through saying I passed and can I start orientation.
    6. Most likely Orientation means thats when you start, so put in your week/two week notice.

(Difficult bc the first test is intense. You can know the answer but you have to get through it fast)

MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE - GOLD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (Troy, NY).

Interview

Applied after talking to rep at school career fair. Interviewed on campus a week or so later. The interview was very nice. He asked about my resume and was very interested in past leadership experience. Overall very good experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not achieve the results you wanted or when your plan was unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

With a small interview with 2 supervisors, briefly go over yourself and description and your reasoning for wanting to work with Con Ed. The interview process usually is quick at less than an hour. Although it might seem intimating, supervisors delivered a positive attitude and upbringing spirit.

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Resume and basic information submission through the company's web portal. 30 minute phone interview followed by an hour-long in-person interview. The entire process took about six weeks. Interview was conducted by two managers who alternated asking questions. The questions were largely personality-based -- seeking information on my approach to common workplace issues and past examples of specific behaviors.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your professional career when you had to manage a conflict?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was a pretty detailed one, there were two proctors they each took notes of every answer I gave. There were about 20-25 questions each requesting details pertaining to the question asked. It was a fair interview however, you are guven a chance to think and come up with tour answer without penalty. Keep smiling don't be nervous and tou'll make it through.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview a month later and got my offer the day after. It was over al pretty easy, mostly behavioral questions not really any technical.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Con Ed and what does this department do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Con Edison (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. There were no technical questions. Just soft skills... A lot about how did you demontrate leadership abilities and problem solving skills in your school project

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison in October 2015.

Interview

Sat down one on one with an alumni of my school. The first interview was purely behavioral questions. The interviewer allowed me to recollect my thoughts before I had to give an answer. The interviewer jotted down all of my responses. The interviewer was very personable and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Con Edison? And other leadership position questions.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two employees, one was a mechanical engineer and the other an on field technician. The mechanical engineer was a previous gold associate. I gave them my resume during an on campus career fair and received an interview within 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pre prepared, everyone will get this interview on the first round.

Tell us what you know about the company - very important
      What industry to you see yourself in?
      What career path do you want ?
      Need to know about energy usage, power lines, Kwh etc   Answer Question

Engineering Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an initial phone screen quite a while later - around a month to two months. After the phone screen, they called me back about a week later to let me know that I had been selected.