Con Edison Operator Mechanic A Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con Edison Operator Mechanic A Interview Questions

Operating Mechanic A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview

The interview process took about 5 months in total. I applied online and was contacted by email that the company was interested in me. The first step is to take a multi-part test which consisted of numerical cumputations, basic IQ questions, as well as technical steam plant questions. After came the interview. The interview was conducted by two operating managers. The interview was long (about 2 hours) and was a "cookie cutter" interview where all the questions they asked you were already printed on the form. The first part was 20-30 yes or no questions geared to asking if you would be willing to do (blank). Then the next section was a lengthy interview based on your resume and past experiences to see if you can actually operate. Overall it wasn't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• There was no one difficult question. Just be honest and you will do fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison

Operator Mechanic A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison.

Interview

Submitted application in May, tested in June, interviewed in July and received a job offer in August. Overall a very good and speedy process. Interview questions were very relevant to the position unlike a lot of other companies that ask general questions. Make sure you know the equipment in steam generating plants.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with an employee you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union position. No negotiations.