Con Edison of New York GOLD Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con Edison of New York GOLD Associate Interview Questions

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an intern urged to sign up for the GOLD program. The process was rushed; I signed up for it and was given a time-slot for the interview only 3 days later. Was told three weeks later that I didn't get in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Con Edison of New York

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Binghamton, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Rep at a career fair, handed them my resume. Two weeks later, I received a call from someone on their IT staff. Set up a phone interview, which lasted about 1.5 hours.

A month later, received an email to set up an in-person interview at their NYC offices. Mentioned that this round would consist of multiple sections, totaling 4 hours. I declined this interview, as I already had committed to another employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Many questions that you would expect while interviewing for any company. Many situation based questions which you had to answer on the spot. I was interviewed by two people simultaneously, they were nice and relatable. Very conversation based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a conflict at work or in school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Being a current intern, they skipped the initial interview and went straight to the behavioral interview. Upon arriving to the interview you have to write two essays and then walk into the interview room. You will be getting interviewed by two managers from two different departments. They press you and try to see how you act under pressure. It is a very intense interview, and they will ask alot of follow up questions. Think carefully about your responses or they will rip you to shreds.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you're walking into work and you see your supervisor drinking?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you've been working on Con Edison for only 2 weeks and you're supervisor quits, and his boss promotes you to his position, how do you respond? What will you say in your first meeting with the employees now working for you? How do you respond if an employee confronts you and says he doesn't believe you're qualified seeing that you've only been there for 2 weeks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step is a phone interview with HR, and it lasts about an hour. The questions are very basic - what do you know about the company, what interests you in the program, what type of leadership roles and internships have you had in the past. The next round is held in their headquarters in the city. You meet with recruiter who gives you two short essays to write asking about leadership experiences and qualities. Then you go through an interview with two senior Con Edison employees who went through the program. The questions are more detailed about leadership experience, general industry and company knowledge, and a few situational questions about situations you might face on the job. I heard back with a final decision about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you assumed a leadership role on a team project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview about 2 months later. Went in for a first round interview and met with one past Gold Associate. All behavioral questions this round. About a week after the first round I was called back for a second round interview that would take place the next week. The second round was a bit more technical and they really expected you to show knowledge on utilities and show a lot of personal initiative examples. They ensured me I would have a response in roughly 30 days. I did not hear from them after 5 weeks and it took a lot of pestering HR to finally have an answer. I understand that there a lot of candidates, but its extremely unprofessional to continue to ignore a job candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about utilities and how electricity is generated.   Answer Question

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in November 2014.

Interview

First I had an on campus interview with one of the graduates of the gold program from my school. The interview was very basic and not very difficult. A week later I was told I had an interview in Manhattan at their corporate headquarters. I arrived and was escorted upstairs where I was interviewed by two people who asked me questions about my engineering background and wanted to know about my past experiences. They also asked various situational based questions. Two weeks after the interview I received a email for the personality exam and one month after taking the exam I was told I had been selected.

Interview Questions

• None, pretty straight forward.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, most entry level jobs don't let you negotiate, take it or leave it.

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

General behavioural questions, which was the first interview, just be calm and confidence.
    The interviewers are graduates of the program, Its quite interactive and friendly. I am still waiting on the second interview which I was told its will be technical questions based on what I have in my resuming.

GOLD Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

I applied online for the rotational gold program. In few days received an email for scheduling an interview. Interview was quite basic. Interviewer asked about my interest in the position and why i will be the suitable choice. Asked about the projects i worked on, difficult situation, where do you expect yourself in 5 years . Duration of the interview was 50 min. You will get the further response in a week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Con Edison had representatives on campus. I spoke to them and handed them my resume. After a week I received a call for an initial interview. About two weeks later I was told to go to the city and have in person interview. Here the interview process was 3 parts. One technical, one behavioral and another you meet with the manager of the program. In late december I was asked to fill some paperwork and In january i did an online personality test. I received my offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• a lot of basic programming questions that you learn freshman year and forget as time goes by.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation