Con Edison of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.9

Any Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral based interview in which studying the S.T.A.R. technique will benefit you a lot. There is usually a technical portion before you move to the behavioral part of the interview. If you don't qualify technically then you won't get to part two.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Panel interview with HR Representatives and three members in the department. The questions were behavioral and situational. Be prepared to showcase your leadership abilities, and provide examples of how well you work in teams.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiters are friendly. There are 10 questions, they are not difficult but similar, I have to use different words to talk about the same things. For me, this is the most difficult.

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview. Two engineering supervisors interviewed me, and they were both very friendly. Went through a few pages of systematic questions, and they were all behavioral. Nothing too difficult.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First part was the skills test. You go and take the test with other applicants. If you fail any parts of the test you have to leave and can't finish the test. You get to try again in 6 months. After that they reached out to tell me I passed and scheduled my interview. The interview was with two supervisors who were both very pleasant and personable. It wasn't too intimidating and questions were almost all read off their papers. The first bunch were yes/no and then the rest were situational. Overall I was very pleased with my whole Con Edison experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had received a deadline that wasn't feasible and the manager told you it had to be done in a time that you knew it couldn't be, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

overall good; took quite a long time to get the first response; once the process started, it finished in 5 weeks; had 5/6 different interviews from 1/1 to panel interviews;

Interview Questions

• in my interview with the VP, I was asked what I think will change in the industry in the future.   1 Answer

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about 4 months from start to finish. One phone interview, two in person interview. Each cycle was about 3 weeks until I heard back from them. Phone interview was with about 5 people on the phone, first in person was with 3 people, and second in person was with two people.

Coop Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

First there was a phone call, maybe two. Then they made an appointment for the interview. In the interview they asked questions about the company. Asked questions about Excel skills. And they asked questions about general problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Does the company provide only electricity, or steam as well?
      Do you know what is / can you do/ what is the use of - a Pivot Table?   1 Answer

Co-OpGas Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process was fairly easy. There were not much technical questions. The interview consists of the common questions at interviews, 'Tell me about yourself'.. etc etc.
    The interviewer was nice and friendly.

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an intern urged to sign up for the GOLD program. The process was rushed; I signed up for it and was given a time-slot for the interview only 3 days later. Was told three weeks later that I didn't get in.