Con Edison of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and like after a month they called me for an interview which was at the end of the week they called on. Three Engineers were interviewing me. All you have to do is prepare yourself for the interview, and then you will get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

So far just the phone interview. Still waiting to hear back. It was very long. An hour and a half. I wish they would have warned me about that.

Nice guy though. Behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair. Was contacted for a phone interview about a month later. After the phone interview, I never heard back from them. Not even a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What is LAN/WAN?   Answer Question
    • What is a Network?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you took charge and wanted to get things done.   Answer Question
    • If you're working at a site and you smell a gas leak but your gas leak detector doesn't go off, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you were given an intersection (road) that had frequent accidents, what would be the first things that you'll investigate if you were tasked to decrease the number of accidents?   Answer Question

Senior Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First they are taking Phone interview and asking about SQL server, MVC , WCF , C# base questions and then they finalize for in-person interview. in which they are asking for your current project and what technologies are you using and then some technical questions and some of them related to scenario based questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiters are friendly. There are 10 questions, they are not difficult but similar, I have to use different words to talk about the same things. For me, this is the most difficult.

Co-OpGas Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process was fairly easy. There were not much technical questions. The interview consists of the common questions at interviews, 'Tell me about yourself'.. etc etc.
    The interviewer was nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an intern urged to sign up for the GOLD program. The process was rushed; I signed up for it and was given a time-slot for the interview only 3 days later. Was told three weeks later that I didn't get in.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

It was months long. The original phone call was brief. There was a second phone call, with interview question, just basic questions, and then an interview was set up. The interview was conducted by separate people all interested in their own agenda, Finally I was called and asked to do a presentation. I was then told the choice was between another applicant and myself. The other person ended up having more experience in the area.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then took a computer based exam. I interviewed at Con Edison 2 weeks later. The interview was mostly behavioral and personality questions. The interview was conducted by two of the section managers. The interviewers were very amiable and gracious.

Interview Questions

• Describe an difficult or challenging work experience and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe how your work experience will contribute to your job at Con Ed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Binghamton, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Rep at a career fair, handed them my resume. Two weeks later, I received a call from someone on their IT staff. Set up a phone interview, which lasted about 1.5 hours.

A month later, received an email to set up an in-person interview at their NYC offices. Mentioned that this round would consist of multiple sections, totaling 4 hours. I declined this interview, as I already had committed to another employer.