Con Edison of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con Edison of New York Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was with two management employees. They asked me general behavioral questions and a lot of leadership questions. Also situational questions as well. After the interview, I heard back within two weeks with an offer. The next step was a drug test and background check. Which took about another 2 weeks. Then I had the orientation at the next available dat.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee takes a work laptop home?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with 3 management employees. After the interview, I waited a week for the next step. Then I was drug tested and they ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what do you know about coned.   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Being a current intern, they skipped the initial interview and went straight to the behavioral interview. Upon arriving to the interview you have to write two essays and then walk into the interview room. You will be getting interviewed by two managers from two different departments. They press you and try to see how you act under pressure. It is a very intense interview, and they will ask alot of follow up questions. Think carefully about your responses or they will rip you to shreds.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you're walking into work and you see your supervisor drinking?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you've been working on Con Edison for only 2 weeks and you're supervisor quits, and his boss promotes you to his position, how do you respond? What will you say in your first meeting with the employees now working for you? How do you respond if an employee confronts you and says he doesn't believe you're qualified seeing that you've only been there for 2 weeks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. They asked some questions about excel which I did not answer correctly but I still got it. They picked me becuase they saw the passion I had for engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is a pivot table in excel?   1 Answer

Engineering Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Applied online and got called in a few days for an interview with three managers, who brought me into a room and asked me a series of behavioral questions. Just be yourself and know some company background.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I first applied online, then I had a one on one. After, I was set up for an interview with two other people. The interview was average difficulty, they had a list of questions that they had to methodically go through. They kept apologizing that some of the questions were repetitive. The two interviewers were so, so nice and made me feel very comfortable. A lot of the questions were geared towards your goals and skills, and also team and leadership experience. I was asked one ethical question about what would you do in a given circumstance.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe a previous experience where I had to show leadership and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

2-3 people, usually one manager and supervisor(s). Manager not always there from what I've heard. For all you know and should care, they are above you and will be your boss(es). Hopefully. They will have a list of GENERIC questions they just printed out probably from a Google search, or on a notepad, which they will take turns and read from, and minigun-fire the questions at you, while jotting your answers and never making eye contact. (Who are you, why did you study your major, passions, what do you know about this company, what made you choose this company, the works) Then about 10 behavior questions (what will you do if, name one time this challenged you). Then, each will come up with 1-2 technical questions off the top of their head to challenge you.

Drug Test comes only after you're hired, so it's a no brainer. And if you fail the drug test, well, come on.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York.

Interview

Applied in early June. Got called late June for interview. First interview is behavioral so just show leadership and taking responsibility and you'll be fine. Got called next day for a practical interview which was how I'd react in situations in my job everything went well. 5 weeks later got the offer letter. Company moves very slow so if you don't hear anything in a week or two don't fret it takes a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to take personal responsibility and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they gave me what I wanted and then some

Asset Analyst (Con Edison Development) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by email for a phone screen with a recruiter. After making him aware that I was considering other opportunities he immediately coordinated a phone interview with the hiring manager for the following day. A week after speaking with the hiring manager I was contacted again by the same HR rep for a phone conference with 2 senior members. It had been over a week since I had heard anything at this point so I contacted the HR rep to find out that they were focusing on additional clients. I found this inconsiderate considering how far in the process. If nothing else they could have sent an automated rejection email. My recommendation is to recognize how easily things are left to fall through the cracks at companies of this size.

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step is a phone interview with HR, and it lasts about an hour. The questions are very basic - what do you know about the company, what interests you in the program, what type of leadership roles and internships have you had in the past. The next round is held in their headquarters in the city. You meet with recruiter who gives you two short essays to write asking about leadership experiences and qualities. Then you go through an interview with two senior Con Edison employees who went through the program. The questions are more detailed about leadership experience, general industry and company knowledge, and a few situational questions about situations you might face on the job. I heard back with a final decision about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you assumed a leadership role on a team project.   1 Answer