Con Edison of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant people who booth read questions from a script - and stuck to the script. Took about an hour. Nothing tricky or difficult; just make sure you prepare well generally and know how to answer the ethics questions specifically. Second interview was about a half an hour with a manager I really could not see myself working for. (Pleasant enough just got a bad vibe about person's management style and needs. Not for me.) Did not hear a word for three months and was thankful I was already employed when they finally contacted me again to say they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if a co-worker/friend screwed up and asked you to lie about it to managers?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was polite. It lasted for 1 hour with technical questions with three of them round robin and the response was quick the very next day. Nice people and on-time

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an hour long Interview. Asked details of previous job and Behavioral questions. Gave me different types of situations and asked me how did I perform in past.

Operating Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

2 Hour interview via skype-- But I was in Colorado. 2 parts-- Overall summary of my personal history and their interests as a company. Second more focused based questions on leadership.

Interview Questions

• What would your peers/managers above you say was your worst habit on the job.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very extensive yet geared towards what I had put on my resume. Most of the questions were focused on my previous job experiences followed by some moral questions regarding companies property.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Computer Aide Temporary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Astoria, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Concise and Informative we discussed my goals and what's expected from the new computer aide. The schedule and how to learn as much as possible and present presentations in the morning meeting. Get to know how the company works. Learn as much as possible, flexible hours around school schedule.

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Had to wait for couple of weeks before getting the first technical interview by phone which was short. Then after a few days later (within a week), went for the face to face first hour of technical interview by group panel of 3 people. When they deemed that I'm technically competent, they gave me the 2nd hour behavior evaluation interview handled by 2 persons.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of situation where conflict was encountered and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Coop Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 3 weeks later got a phone call to come in for an in person interview. Easy interview, all personality questions no technical. Got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience
      Work ethics related
      Team experience
      what do you know about us   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Bronx, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Technical was not difficult. The BEI was a little overwhelming. Mostly senario questions. Tell me a time whem you had to make a difficult decision, when you had to take initiative, work outside of your comfort zone

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was not that tough and mostly related to behavioral and situational type. Two employs came with 6 pages of question and asked alternatively related to my education and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing thing you do when get to know that your colleague is using office laptop for personal use?   1 Answer