Con Edison of New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.9

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

overall good; took quite a long time to get the first response; once the process started, it finished in 5 weeks; had 5/6 different interviews from 1/1 to panel interviews;

Interview Questions

• in my interview with the VP, I was asked what I think will change in the industry in the future.   1 Answer

Coop Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

First there was a phone call, maybe two. Then they made an appointment for the interview. In the interview they asked questions about the company. Asked questions about Excel skills. And they asked questions about general problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Does the company provide only electricity, or steam as well?
      Do you know what is / can you do/ what is the use of - a Pivot Table?
      1 Answer

Co-OpGas Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process was fairly easy. There were not much technical questions. The interview consists of the common questions at interviews, 'Tell me about yourself'.. etc etc.
    The interviewer was nice and friendly.

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an intern urged to sign up for the GOLD program. The process was rushed; I signed up for it and was given a time-slot for the interview only 3 days later. Was told three weeks later that I didn't get in.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

It was months long. The original phone call was brief. There was a second phone call, with interview question, just basic questions, and then an interview was set up. The interview was conducted by separate people all interested in their own agenda, Finally I was called and asked to do a presentation. I was then told the choice was between another applicant and myself. The other person ended up having more experience in the area.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then took a computer based exam. I interviewed at Con Edison 2 weeks later. The interview was mostly behavioral and personality questions. The interview was conducted by two of the section managers. The interviewers were very amiable and gracious.

Interview Questions

• Describe an difficult or challenging work experience and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe how your work experience will contribute to your job at Con Ed   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very soft and fast it takes about 30 minutes I had gone before my appointment 10 minutes it was at 8:00 am it finished after 20 min and I said before very easy

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Concise and Informative we discussed my goals and what's expected from the new computer aide. The schedule and how to learn as much as possible and present presentations in the morning meeting. Get to know how the company works. Learn as much as possible, flexible hours around school schedule. The interview was very extensive yet geared towards what I had put on my resume. Most of the questions were focused on my previous job experiences followed by some moral questions regarding companies property.

Computer Science Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did not hear back for about a month. Received an email requesting an interview. Had interview over the phone with 2 people. Received offer about a week after. Had to pass medical screening and drug test first after receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with electrical engineering principles?   Answer Question

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant people who booth read questions from a script - and stuck to the script. Took about an hour. Nothing tricky or difficult; just make sure you prepare well generally and know how to answer the ethics questions specifically. Second interview was about a half an hour with a manager I really could not see myself working for. (Pleasant enough just got a bad vibe about person's management style and needs. Not for me.) Did not hear a word for three months and was thankful I was already employed when they finally contacted me again to say they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if a co-worker/friend screwed up and asked you to lie about it to managers?   Answer Question