Con Edison of New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.3

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First they are taking Phone interview and asking about SQL server, MVC , WCF , C# base questions and then they finalize for in-person interview. in which they are asking for your current project and what technologies are you using and then some technical questions and some of them related to scenario based questions.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiters are friendly. There are 10 questions, they are not difficult but similar, I have to use different words to talk about the same things. For me, this is the most difficult.

Co-OpGas Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process was fairly easy. There were not much technical questions. The interview consists of the common questions at interviews, 'Tell me about yourself'.. etc etc.
    The interviewer was nice and friendly.

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was an intern urged to sign up for the GOLD program. The process was rushed; I signed up for it and was given a time-slot for the interview only 3 days later. Was told three weeks later that I didn't get in.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

It was months long. The original phone call was brief. There was a second phone call, with interview question, just basic questions, and then an interview was set up. The interview was conducted by separate people all interested in their own agenda, Finally I was called and asked to do a presentation. I was then told the choice was between another applicant and myself. The other person ended up having more experience in the area.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then took a computer based exam. I interviewed at Con Edison 2 weeks later. The interview was mostly behavioral and personality questions. The interview was conducted by two of the section managers. The interviewers were very amiable and gracious.

Interview Questions

• Describe an difficult or challenging work experience and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe how your work experience will contribute to your job at Con Ed   Answer Question

Public Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant people who booth read questions from a script - and stuck to the script. Took about an hour. Nothing tricky or difficult; just make sure you prepare well generally and know how to answer the ethics questions specifically. Second interview was about a half an hour with a manager I really could not see myself working for. (Pleasant enough just got a bad vibe about person's management style and needs. Not for me.) Did not hear a word for three months and was thankful I was already employed when they finally contacted me again to say they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if a co-worker/friend screwed up and asked you to lie about it to managers?   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Had to wait for couple of weeks before getting the first technical interview by phone which was short. Then after a few days later (within a week), went for the face to face first hour of technical interview by group panel of 3 people. When they deemed that I'm technically competent, they gave me the 2nd hour behavior evaluation interview handled by 2 persons.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of situation where conflict was encountered and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was not that tough and mostly related to behavioral and situational type. Two employs came with 6 pages of question and asked alternatively related to my education and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing thing you do when get to know that your colleague is using office laptop for personal use?   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Many questions that you would expect while interviewing for any company. Many situation based questions which you had to answer on the spot. I was interviewed by two people simultaneously, they were nice and relatable. Very conversation based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a conflict at work or in school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question