Con Edison of New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.9

Computer Aide Temporary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Astoria, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Concise and Informative we discussed my goals and what's expected from the new computer aide. The schedule and how to learn as much as possible and present presentations in the morning meeting. Get to know how the company works. Learn as much as possible, flexible hours around school schedule.

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Had to wait for couple of weeks before getting the first technical interview by phone which was short. Then after a few days later (within a week), went for the face to face first hour of technical interview by group panel of 3 people. When they deemed that I'm technically competent, they gave me the 2nd hour behavior evaluation interview handled by 2 persons.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of situation where conflict was encountered and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Coop Engineering Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, 3 weeks later got a phone call to come in for an in person interview. Easy interview, all personality questions no technical. Got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience
      Work ethics related
      Team experience
      what do you know about us
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was not that tough and mostly related to behavioral and situational type. Two employs came with 6 pages of question and asked alternatively related to my education and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing thing you do when get to know that your colleague is using office laptop for personal use?   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Many questions that you would expect while interviewing for any company. Many situation based questions which you had to answer on the spot. I was interviewed by two people simultaneously, they were nice and relatable. Very conversation based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a conflict at work or in school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Bronx, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Email then phone call to schedule interview. Interview is a little over an hour. Its a panel interview with your manager and a co-worker. Response within 2-4 weeks. Questions were systematic. More of behavioral and leadership questions. Very few if any technical questions. Technical questions that should be learned prior to the interview are basics about transformers and transmission lines.

Interview Questions

• A lot of leadership questions. Some questions about the company plus past experience questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was with two management employees. They asked me general behavioral questions and a lot of leadership questions. Also situational questions as well. After the interview, I heard back within two weeks with an offer. The next step was a drug test and background check. Which took about another 2 weeks. Then I had the orientation at the next available dat.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee takes a work laptop home?   1 Answer

GOLD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Being a current intern, they skipped the initial interview and went straight to the behavioral interview. Upon arriving to the interview you have to write two essays and then walk into the interview room. You will be getting interviewed by two managers from two different departments. They press you and try to see how you act under pressure. It is a very intense interview, and they will ask alot of follow up questions. Think carefully about your responses or they will rip you to shreds.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you're walking into work and you see your supervisor drinking?   Answer Question
    • Lets say you've been working on Con Edison for only 2 weeks and you're supervisor quits, and his boss promotes you to his position, how do you respond? What will you say in your first meeting with the employees now working for you? How do you respond if an employee confronts you and says he doesn't believe you're qualified seeing that you've only been there for 2 weeks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really straightforward. They asked some questions about excel which I did not answer correctly but I still got it. They picked me becuase they saw the passion I had for engineering.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Con Edison of New York (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I first applied online, then I had a one on one. After, I was set up for an interview with two other people. The interview was average difficulty, they had a list of questions that they had to methodically go through. They kept apologizing that some of the questions were repetitive. The two interviewers were so, so nice and made me feel very comfortable. A lot of the questions were geared towards your goals and skills, and also team and leadership experience. I was asked one ethical question about what would you do in a given circumstance.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe a previous experience where I had to show leadership and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question