ConAm Group of Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

3.2

Maintenance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

It went smoothly, although the offices are in the Tech Center. I had to make the drive 3 times. They could not gather together all of the senior managers that they wanted to have there, limiting the potential properties available.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to manage you?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

The regional recruiter reached out and was very friendly and helpful. Upon arrival for my face to face interview, I realized that it would be composed of a panel of 5 employees from the regional staff. They were friendly and professional throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why was I most interested in the position I was applying for?   1 Answer

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

It was easy, plus I have NOTHING to hind! Yes they drug test and criminal but that is a great thing. I was interviewed and hired within 48 hours. The first offer was low and there is some room for more compensation if you have the qualifications

Interview Questions

• Tell me whats the hardest part of being a manager   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is very detailed & has a step by step instructions when you receive a response from the company. The employees are amazing and friendly. Very helpful as well. The interview process overall was a great experience. It's important to be prepared and understand the company policies.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume and later got a call and was told I will be contacted for a phone interview. I did the phone interview then went for a series of tests on Word, Excel and math. I also did a personality test. Then I interviewed with the regional manager and later got a call to interview with the community manager. After that was the background check and the drug test.

Interview Questions

• When have you used exceptional customer service to help a difficult customer?
      Amongst many other such customer service related questions.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies in August 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, interviewed with a manager then separate interview with regional manager. Must complete computer testing to test math knowledge, and Microsoft office comfortability. Drug testing and background check required

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (Mission Viejo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was very helpful throughout the testing process. They test you for your Microsoft Office skills, the testing software seems a bit unfair because if you click the mouse in not exactly the right place, they will count your answer as wrong and most people know more than one way to do tasks in these programs. I then interviewed with the Regional Manager, everyone seemed very professional and the interview questions were all essentially what you might expect, nothing too unexpected.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an experience where you and your supervisor disagreed about something?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews. There is a personality assessment. All of your employment history will be checked and your educational background will be verified. An offer was made verbally with little to no room for negotiation. It was followed up with a written offer and background check. There is a hair-follicle drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you were so great at your last positions why were you laid off?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult resident and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with Annual Budgets and have you ever had to create one?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Non Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (Sacramento, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Seven weeks of back and forth meeting with various different associates and managers left pretty much hanging in the wind while "I've made the cut" but no one can give you any type of commitment or time frame for making a decision. I really feel that I was getting excuse after excuse (the run around) while they continued to interview to see if they could find someone better. In the meantime I received another offer (that one only took two weeks!) so I pulled my name from the list. Advise to management: Be honest and if you aren't interested in a candidate then cut them loose but communicate that with them - don't leave them hanging for weeks on end! It's inconsiderate and it doesn't leave a prospective employee feeling valued or respected which could sum up what my experience might have been working for them. Things happen for a reason, just wish I hadn't wasted so much time and energy on it!

Non Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ConAm Group of Companies (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I was not impressed

Interview Questions

• I really don't want to have to go through hiring someone again . I want to get this one right.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long