Conagra Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was standard up until the final round. ConAgra uses the behavioral questions interview model, whether you are experienced or not. This is a great interview model when assessing the potential of inexperienced professionals as it is a great predictor of future behavior. This is a poor model for interviewing experienced professionals, which is why great companies focus more on fit when interviewing experienced candidates. There is no need to predict when you can assess methodology and results of a candidate that has done the same job elsewhere. As can be expected when attempting to use a one size fits all strategy, the interviewers focused more on delivery than the content of the responses. As a candidate, this allowed me to draw my own predictive conclusions about the organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a change to a plan and the outcome was positive and a time when the outcome was negative.   Answer Question

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview: Well prepared, very courteous, enthusiastic, pleasant, willing to take time to answer questions.
    Described company history and why position is open. Told what they are looking for in the candidate and the steps in the interview process. Said they would get back to me with next steps so not to leave me without a decision.

Interview Questions

• How to handle situations - such as regarding differences in opinions within the team.   1 Answer

Senior Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Started with submitting application over internet. Moved to several calls with personnel. then a call with the hiring manager. Lastly was an visit to the office paid for by them - included airfare, hotel, and rental car. On-site trip for interview that included about 5 folks in a tag team style (multiple folks passing me from one to the other over the day). They organized a realtor to give me a quick tour of the town so I could gather information.

Next was the wait to hear back. Took a couple months before receiving offer.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Friendly people with a great attitude. 3 rounds of interviews. The company was at National Black MBA conference so I was able to learn more about them then. They are a good company to work for even though it takes 3 years starting at assistant brand manager to become a full brand manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a food product in go to market strategy ?   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Interviewed at my current college at the time. Interviewed with three different people one on one. Each person seemed genuinly interested in what I had to say and also provided good answers to the questions I had. Conversation was easy and made the process simple. My first experience for a professional job and I came out of it feeling good and glad that I was applying for the company. After the three interviews I was asked to the company for another interview with a manager. Again, very formal and the process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Situations where you needed to be a leader?
      What was a tough situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face in my market with hiring manager and another RSM. Final interview in Chicago with 5 people shotgun style.

Interview Questions

• They use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Each interviewer reads off a script. There is very little free dialogue. Don't rush your answers and be prepared they want very specific details.   Answer Question

Bait and switch, applied for one job and then told that position was filled but if I'd like to relocate I could accept a similar position elsewhere. No thanks.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. I was not seeking employment but was open to exploring opportunities so I called the recruiter. I had several phone calls with the recruiter discussing the openings at ConAgra as well as a phone screening and a more indepth phone interview. I progressed through the phone interviews and was invited for a half-day on-site interview at the Omaha location.

The on-site interview was a bit oddly scheduled from my past experiences with on-site interviews. No one was there to moderate the schedule or keep us on schedule. I never even met the recruiter which I thought was bizarre. All the interviews were one-on-one with various people from the department that you'd be working with. They were scheduled for half an hour each. The people were very nice and made me feel at ease. Part of me disliked the one-on-one interviews just because you are having to re-introduce yourself over and over again and tell the same story. I tried to change my answers and ask different questions to each person, but that is rather difficult to come up with that many questions without repeating some considering you're meeting with 5 people for interviews. On the positive side, the one-on-one aspect allowed me to develop more personal connections with each interviewer and get a deeper understanding of the work each person manages.

I felt that ConAgra's responsiveness was quick. The entire process from initial contact with the recruiter to the end was about a month. It would've been shorter had the careers application website would've been up. That stalled the process a little bit as well as they allowed me to choose the date for my on-site interview which I scheduled about 10 days after the invite. But from each step in the process, I would hear back from ConAgra within a few days. After the on-site interviews, the following day was a phone interview with HR. Then a couple days after that I was offered the position. Unfortunately, I had to decline the offer as the salary was not worth relocating. However, ConAgra was open to salary negotiations so don't be afraid to ask for more if you feel you deserve more! They also offer relocation assistance. I was sad not to be able to accept the position as ConAgra sounded like a great place to work in terms of culture, people, and benefits. I will consider them again if I am looking for job opportunities in the future.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conagra Brands.

Interview

This interview consisted of a on campus interview and a phone interview. Lasted about thirty minutes. Very conversational and easy to answer questions. They mostly asked your basic behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you needed to take a leadership role   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Conagra Brands.

Interview

Hired out of college. 2-Day interview with various finance managers from different departments. This was an entry level job, so it was very helpful to get a wide array of perspectives and culture.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about ConAgra and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

CPG Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Delivered two presentations and met with seven individuals for one-on-one interviews. The day was extremely long and difficult to make my answers sound spontaneous. The fact I was so well prepared may have made my answers sound rehearsed. I would definitely guard against that next time.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult client service experience?   1 Answer