Conagra Brands Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Conagra Brands Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands.

Interview

I applied for a couple of jobs online and then reached out to someone that I know that currently works there. My resume was passed along to an internal recruiter. She was so great to work with, excellent transparency and really wanted to find something that was a good fit for me. Followed up with a phone interview with hiring manager. More interested in why ConAgra, why the role, career aspirations. Spoke to my resume and a couple of behavioral questions but nothing difficult, was just honest. Next step was internal interview 5 half-half - hour interviews, one being with the hiring manager. She was so gracious and used this time for me to ask her questions, 45 minutes of candor. Behavioral questions and talked about my past experiences for the other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were proactive in making a change and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I thought it was a strong offer and they have a great benefits package, coupled with genuine people that really care about a good fit!

Other Interview Reviews for Conagra Brands

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands.

Interview

Applied online for the position through the company website. HR responded a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. First phone interview with HR was 30 minutes and general questions (why are you looking, applying for anything else, when could you start, etc). Then scheduled another phone interview to be conducted with the hiring manager. This was also 30 minutes but included more technical questions (what systems do you have experience with, what type of analysis have you performed). Third phone interview was another 30 minutes with a different person in HR. Felt more like a meet-and-greet, no serious questions. Then HR contacted me to schedule an on-site interview to last 3 hours.

On-site interview was 6 sets of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. No behavioral-type questions. It was more of a getting-to-know-you type of interview. All started and ended on time. They validated the parking after the last interview. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process went smoothly.

Approximately two days later I was given an offer and accepted. They even went ~5% above the minimum I said I needed to make the switch. After accepting, they completed a background, employment, and credit check. They also did a drug test (hair follicle). They verified my current salary via a paystub.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their application requested current salary, so that was the starting point. Because I was ok/stable in my current position, I felt that I had a bit more leverage. Also, I mentioned differences that would account for about a 5-10% bump (company provided gym, city tax, parking, tuition reimbursement differences). Ultimately, I gave them a minimum that I had to have to accept. They offered 5% above my minimum required amount.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, approximately 30 minutes with basic questions (why are you looking, explain your prior experience, etc.) Then I was scheduled for 30 minutes with a hiring manager, similar questions. One on-site interview, about 3 hours, 30 minutes with 1-2 people in cross-functional groups (marketing, finance). Traditional questions, not behavioral based.

They required prior salary information in the application process and they actually required a pay stub after the offer was extended to verify.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for 5% more due to parking costs in downtown and city tax.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conagra Brands (Omaha, NE) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was very detailed and a full day (8:00 am - 4:30 pm), meeting with 8 different people. I thought it was a great opportunity to meet the people I would be working with and to put my best foot forward. It is very important to prepare, do as much research as possible. Learn about ConAgra's position as a company and our portfolio of brands. Do your best to understand current Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry trends that could be impacting ConAgra. With such a detailed and extensive interview process the candidates who are prepared will obviously stand out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a situation when others on your team don't accomplish what they were supposed to do?   Answer Question