Concordia University Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Concordia University Chicago Interview Questions

Interviews at Concordia University Chicago

1.7

Interview

The hiring process was easy to apply and HR called to schedule an interview. I was told I was one of several candidates but called within a week. I was and was hired. Besides some paperwork and a background check because I was in a school, there was nothing painful or out of the ordinary about the process.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in River Forest, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concordia University Chicago (River Forest, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

My employer basically told me that my feedback from my other employers were always positive. She told me that I was definitely fit for this job and that she would be delighted to have me.

Interview Questions

• How are my hours like with my class schedule?   1 Answer

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in River Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University Chicago (River Forest, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Pleasant first phone interview with associate department director, ignorant second, two on one phone interview with department director and associate department director, in first week. Then I had a face to group third interview in person at location, with co-worker, department director and associate department director a week later. Then I got the offer two weeks later over the phone from Human resources representative.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University Chicago.

Interview

I initially declined, but then took the position with assurances from the manager that she would have time to provide proper on-boarding with procedural documentation and an open door policy. None of this came to fruition; the manager was one the most unapproachable and disorganized managers I have ever worked with.

Interview Questions

• The were very upfront about the low salary and emphasized the tuition reimbursement benefit. Eventually the additional educational opportunities won me over.   Answer Question

Interview

I filled out a paper application at the beginning of the fall semester. It took them til about Thanksgiving to get back to me and schedule an interview, but I needed a job so I went for it. I interviewed with all four supervisors at once. They asked me very basic questions like: Why do I want the job, Am I willing to work overnight and weekend hours, my class schedules and grades since it is a student position. The whole interview was about 30 min. I got an offer the next day and I accepted. Still work there to this day and have been promoted a couple times.

Interview Questions

• What would somebody not related to you or the university, that knew you, have to say about your character?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in River Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University Chicago (River Forest, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Head coach called me and asked me a few questions, but asked very little about me or my background. Invited to come on campus to meet him in-person. He still did not ask me a lot about myself while on-campus. Basically offered me the job on the spot. I honestly did not really have to interview for this job as very few questions were asked before hiring me.

Interview Questions

• We just had a discussion with no formal questions asked.   1 Answer

Basket Weaving Interview

Anonymous Employee in River Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concordia University Chicago (River Forest, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the entire department and it took 2 hours. The typical questions and not very in-depth. One faculty member acted like it was an investigation and not an interview and tried to point out inconsistencies in my resumes - none to be found. In retrospect, that should have tipped me off as to what a nasty person/colleague she turned out to be.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a self-starter?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concordia University Chicago.

Interview

The interview process was both positive and negative, as some of the staff members were courteous and asked pertinent questions in relation to the role. It wasn't until the Assistant VP asked questions like " are you a quick learner", I wasn't sure how to answer but I resorted to being polite to the obviously rude question. Even though this school is my alma mater it is clear that it has no value when being interviewed or considered for employment.