Concordia University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concordia University (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter discussing my qualifications and job benefits. Then a panel interview with 3 employees followed by a second interview panel with 4 employees and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you distribute information to employees regarding the new laws regarding exempt and non exempt employees and what the changes mean   Answer Question

DIRECTOR of UNIVERSITY SERVICES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University (Orange, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job online and my expertise set me apart from the rest of the pack. I received A phone call from Concordia's University Director Of Personnel, Pam Clavier to schedule an interview with the Hiring Committee and was given and offer after 2 two difficult interviews...relocated to Orange County, California

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Concordia University (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and had a meeting with Department Head. The interview was fairly standard with general inquiry and followed by other members of the Department providing feedback and a more in depth review of the position. I was notified a week later that a follow up interview would take place with the HR Director. I was then required to submit a background check and was hired once it cleared.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding resume, many questions regarding faith and the role of faith in one's life   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concordia University (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The time, date, and location were set. But, there was some confusion on the part of the interview board. I got it right; they goofed but made a save. Instead of interviewing with my boss, I interviewed with my second level manager first. I met my boss later for an informal interview off campus. I knew after the off campus meeting that I had a job. The questions remained: what would I be earning? When would I start?

Interview Questions

• What is your overall approach to engaging students in the classroom?   Answer Question

Accountant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Concordia University (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the CFO, whom is very professional and over all nice guy. I did a pre-screen interview with an agency over the phone and then face to face before meeting with the CFO. Since it's a religious environment I was required to provide religious beliefs details etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowgledge in accounting, gap, SEC reporting, SOX and GAP   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiatin was not necessary.

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University (Mequon, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the Dean of the school of MBA program. We met on campus after I submitted a copy of my resume to the school of business. I also followed up with a phone call to find out if they had a curriculum which matched the type of course I wanted to teach, they did and the dean requested I come in for an interview, as luck would have it for me they just lost their incumbant faculty member.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to teach at the graduate level?   1 Answer

AITS Helpdesk Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Concordia University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Written objective test to check basic knowledge of the networking. After shortlisting the candidate based on written, interviews are conducted within the same week. Interview consist mainly of question based on linux commands, TCP/IP etc. Need to read FAQ from AITS website, it will help.

Interview Questions

• What is the command to find running processes in linux?   1 Answer
    • Can we remotely run Concordia Matlab application from home computer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is fixed.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Concordia University.

Interview

It is a straight forward process. Apply in your specific department at the end of each semester if you want he job for next semester. Follow the applying procedure given by the department/university. Once you have applied wait for an interview call. Interview is very simple and straight forward (your knowledge is not tested), just be confident. You got the job!

Research Facilitator and Research Ethics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied and was interviewed for the Research Ethics Manger position but they recommended that I apply for the Research Facilitator one since I self-professed that my French was not strong. I got a call a couple days after the job closed and they were very accommodating to my schedule for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were similar for both positions and were very basic. They first asked why I'm applying for a short-term contract position, how my skills/experiences fit, followed by some knowledge based questions and behavioural.

The knowledge-based questions include:
      1. What do you know about Research Ethics (provincial, federal, and institutional)?
      2. Who are the key stakeholders in research?

Behavioural:
      1. If two of your subordinates were in conflict and asked for your help, how would you react?
      2. What type of personality is the hardest to work with and describe how you've dealt with it in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did indeed negotiate and there is always room for negotiation for any job (in my opinion). However, because the position is unionized, I was only able to go up 1 pay grade.

IT Service Desk Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Concordia University (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was 30 minute process.
    questions about personality, work ethics, how we deal with problems
    Technical
    Questions on networking, TCP/UDP, process Id, unix commands, DHCP, DNS
    interview process was good, the interviewer put the student at ease, so that they do not feel uncomfortable, they were helpful if the students gets nervous or stuck at a question.

Interview Questions

• How will you troubleshoot if you cannot log in to a machine?   Answer Question