Concordia University St. Paul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Concordia University St. Paul

Interviews for Top Jobs at Concordia University St. Paul

Assistant Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Concordia University St. Paul (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Informal meeting with head coach in department office. Whole process was very casual with much of the discussion centered on coaching philosophy and program culture. No introductions were made to department staff. Hiring was solely at the discretion of the head coach.

Interview Questions

• Extent of experience, and any success on the job. Examples of strategic changes that made an impact in previous programs. Understanding of NCAA and University rules and policies. Discussions of professional network, specifically connections in common, and ability to recruit.   Answer Question

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University St. Paul (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Typical faculty interview process based on review of your CV by a committee of faculty from the college you are seeking to work for. Questions were related to previous experience, philosophy of teaching, problem-solving ability, etc. Given this is a Christian (LCMS) university, I was surprised there weren't any questions related to this.

Negotiation

I was pleased with the offer I was made and did not negotiate. However, working conditions at CSP have gotten quite a bit more difficult since I was there.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concordia University St. Paul (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2018.

Interview

The online application was quick and easy to complete. I received a call about three weeks later inviting me to an in-person interview. They also sent along two role-play scenarios that would be conducted during the interview. I interviewed with three team members and one faculty member. After the interview, I was told there would be one more round of interviews with two finalists. The process was one of the best I've been through, but I wish I had known before this interview that there would only be two rounds.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable would you be discussing your faith with a potential donor?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • How would your co-workers describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience working in diverse communities with those who are different from you.   Answer Question