Concur Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Web Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Concur (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through Concur. Internal recruiter contacted me to setup interview. Interview was online video conference (from home), 30 minutes and with the department manager. She was very nice and pleasant to interview with. I don't think my skills were at the level she was looking for (I'm green and stumbled over myself), but she didn't make it obvious and was very polite. The interview was shorter than I anticipated, which usually means the interviewer found out what they needed to know.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a function would look to check if a string is palindrome.   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between abstract and strict equalities?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Concur (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met a recruiter at career fair. Knew I was interested in company and had already applied online. Dropped my resume off with recruiter and chatted about myself. Followed up with her and she got me set up with first round of official interviews. Had two phone interviews since my college was not located near their offices. Interviews were very open-ended and with people I would end up working with. Gave a great feel of the company and team environment. Only issue was that midway through process I switched recruiters which through me off. Additionally, one of my interviews got messed up through a miscommunication. Ended up fine and I still felt I could see myself working at Concur. I accepted my offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concur.

Interview

Interview process for myself wasn't bad at all. I had an employee referral, which probably helped some. I was initially contacted for a basic HR interview. It probably lasted 20 minutes. Then following the HR interview, I had a call setup for about a week later with the hiring manager for my position. The call went great and was very cordial. A few days later I received the offer. They mainly just asked about my background and how it can be applied to the current role. Also, they discussed the role and if I would be comfortable with different parts of the job.

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Concur.

Interview

I interviewed with Concur for the scrum master role based in Vienna. A summary of my experiences:

1. To start with what I liked, there are many people in the company who were very kind & hospitable. I definitely appreciate that.

2. One of the tech manager I interviewed with had some serious attitude problem. He asked a question where my answer did not align with his philosophies. He turned out to be so argumentative. He literally hijacked the interview & did not let the interview proceed any further.  That was the last question that he even asked me. I think Concur needs to train (some) interviewers about the art of interviewing.

3. The day after the interview I emailed the recruiter & he told me that they will get back to me in less than a week after collecting the feedback from interviewers. But it took about 40 days to send the rejection email. The Careers site was in "Interviewing" status the whole time. The rejection email was finally sent after send the 2nd follow up. Concur should think how they would feel if they are extending offer to a candidate & he says "Sorry! I just accepted the offer from a different company"

I still like the amazing product(s) & the SAP brand that Concur carries. But, I hope Concur will adopt some good processes & policies around recruiting so that they can get the brightest minds.

Client Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Concur (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone INTERVIEW was CONDESCENDING. If you are going to interview someone and have their resume in front of you but are curious about the company they have previously/currently employed at: GOOGLE IT BEFORE YOU say some things like "I still don't get it." If you expect the person getting interviewed to do their due diligence on the job and company, then DO YOURS TOO!

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your resume or what you have done in your past   1 Answer

Dev Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Concur (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter would not share the salary range for the role during the initial phone screening. Recruiter claimed it is part of the required phone screening process to know the candidate's salary expectation. Without it, recruiter terminated the hiring process.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Concur (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

UX Design is a role which you create a user interface in order to make it easier for the users to use. A lot of people think it is a lot of coding process, but it's really not. If you love creating and designing, you will love the position of UX Design.

Software Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Concur (Allen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick interview processing and quick feedback. The entire team from the recruiter to the hiring manager was very friendly and helpful. They did 4 rounds: basic phone screen, 30 min coding challenge with 2 tasks, technical phone screen with the hiring manager, face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Write methods for a particular game, their parameters, return types and explain them.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Concur in February 2017.

Interview

After initial contact with recruiter I was scheduled for two, thirty minute Skype interviews with a data and senior data scientist. The first interviewer asked mostly technical questions and the second asked mostly machine learning specific questions. I got a decision within a week.

Security & Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Concur (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed over a year ago for the role, but didn't get the job. Another headcount opened up and the hiring manager reached out to me to see if I was still interested in the role. Told them I was still interested and went through 4-5 phone interviews before offered the job.

Honestly now and in the past, Concur is one of the best interview processes I have been through. Hiring manager(s) do a great job at being responsive and updating on next steps.