Concur Interview Questions in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

3.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA).

Interview

One on one meetings with members of the recruiting team and business.

See comments

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me after I applied online ( Very surprising as that seldom happens) The recruiter initially scheduled me for the first round. Had a great interview and the recruiter immediately got back to me regarding the next round. After the second round, my future manager informed that I had cleared his interview and will put me through other people before I flew back for the final round.
    However, since the interview happens on a rolling basis, they stop communicating with you once they find a good fit. This might be unnerving sometimes, however there are a lot of cues that you can pick up to know the status of your candidacy. Since I applied through LinkedIn, the job posting is taken down immediately when they offer someone.
    As a good candidate ( as mentioned by the interviewers), you are expected to atleast be given a fair chance or communicated with regularly.

Interview Questions

• You do not have Product experience, and how do you plan to make good for that in this product team.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very long interview process. Recruiters were very nice and knowledgeable, but the process took weeks to complete. Even after the offer, it took weeks to complete the pre-employment verification. Quite a frustrating process.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Applied online and followed up with the recruiter via LinkedIn. The process was very pleasant and moved quickly. The recruiter always communicated where I was in the process and next steps. Initially had a screening call. Next, the first two interviews were over the phone, next was a mock demo of Concur's solution (virtually), then in-person and telephone peer interviews, followed by an off site meeting with hiring manager.

Senior Leader Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Overall the interview experience was positive:
    1. Great coordination - my flight, stay and interview schedule was concise and accurate
    2. Timely response and connection with Recruiter
    3. A lot of background to culture, people and practices
    4. Huge emphasis on onboarding - even at the interview level

Overall the coordination and experience was great. Only minus was the multiple rounds and long day of interviews - each time responding to same questions.

They are thorough and I respect that. You don't get that with many companies who just rush you through 13 rounds of interviews.

They preach to the what they say, cultural fit, and skills capability.

Interview Questions

• It was the questions that were difficult, more of the duration of the interviews and the multiple rounds. I met a number of interviewers who quizzed hard on my cultural approach to things, but also a number of interviewers that asked extremely nuts and bolts questions about skills. There should be more coordination between each interviewer of who asks what and why.   Answer Question

Senior Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Coming from a contract position at Microsoft, felt the Accounting Director had a chip on her shoulder about former MS employees that won't say anything bad about Microsoft. Was deemed to be unfit for Sr. role despite being asked only 1 accounting question. Other interviewers only asked me about my past skills using Excel and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• I know you were making $80k at your last job, but would you be willing to accept a Jr. position here for $30k less?   1 Answer

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Several interviews over the phone with Recruiter, Hiring Manager and Vps and THEN an in-person panel style with managers, directors and employees. It can be grueling. Lots of questions about who you are/what would you do in this scenario. Culture is key. Standard interview process, no curveball questions. Come prepared.

Interview Questions

• It was expected to know a fair bit about Concur, their product offering, competitors, etc. Was asked to do a elevator pitch of their product during an interview, coming prepared is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

After completing my application in November, I was contacted by a recruiter in late December for an initial phone interview. This was followed up by two more phone interviews - asked mostly behavioral questions about my experiences listed on my resume. Have not heard anything since the third phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you think Concur would make a good investment? (stocks)   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Concur had a contractor conduct phone interview screens. It was very odd. I'm a minority, and the interviewer was actually disappointed when I had experience and education in a particular area. When he asked me if I had management experience, I noted my prior management jobs and he said, "oh, I didn't know you had management experience..." It was on my resume, with title, company, and length of job noted. When I described my experience and my degrees and certifications, he actually sounded disappointed as if he were going down a check list and now, possibly, he'd have to check the box. He didn't seem to have read my resume at all.

I got the impression he called me just to say he interviewed a woman. He asked no technical questions nor "how would you handle" questions.

Interview Questions

• I didn't know you were a manager before...where's that?   2 Answers