Concur Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Concur (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

A couple calls with a recruiter to get a feel for the job, salary expectations, and general fit. A subsequent technical phone interview talking about background, experience, and technologies used.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Concur

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Concur in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter to begin with.

30 min Interview with reporting manager. Questions were mainly about projects I have been doing in current position.

3 Skype interviews scheduled. 45 mins each.

1st Skype interview with senior engineer. No technical questions asked. He explained about the project he is working on and the technology used.

2nd interviewer cancelled the interview.

3rd skype interview was behavioral interview.

Did not hear back from them after that. Had a feeling during Skype interview that they were not interested in hiring me. Also no technical questions were asked even though I was being interviewed for senior software engineer position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to disclose something to your customer which you were not comfortable with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Concur (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Just as bad as it was a year ago! I applied online and the HR person contacted me, and then I had two phone screens, and then I spent a day onsite doing interviews with different people, most of whom were not prepared -- either they hadn't read my resume or they didn't seem to care about the interview process for some other reason. It was more like a job fair than an interview, because I spent a lot of time waiting with other candidates. Felt very strange.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Concur (Vienna, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

4 interview, 2 with hiring manage and 1 with VP of company. Interview was basically about your past experience and how would you handle certain situations in terms of your skill set vs job requirements. More behavioral questions and HR questions. Very general HR questions and it's based on your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Concur (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Standard interview protocol. 30 minute initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Both interviews, were straight forward with information about the position and my experience. Strongly felt both interviews went very well. so was expecting onsite interview. Received call from recruiter next day that I was no longer in the running. Prior to the call, noticed an unsolicited review of my LinkedIn profile from an unknown employee at this company. Not sure what they were looking for, but my profile is the same as the resume submitted, so no surprises. Maybe they wanted to see a picture?

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone call for knowing more about you. Later a half hour technical interview which was good and more stressed on the crisis handling.Waiting for the 1:1 interview scheduled next week.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Concur (Bellevue, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was attracted to the role through an internal recruiter. She was aggressive but I liked it because she was to the point, told me what the role was, the opportunity which led to phone interview and multiple rounds before hire.

I would like to see the hiring process simplified. I felt it took too long, but I also understand the company wants to be thorough, although sometimes I felt it was to satisfy the many stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Being drilled multiple times about handling a crisis. Each time I had an answer, the interviewer dug deeper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Concur (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews by technical and non-technical members followed by a formal personal interview at their campus.

Interview Questions

Got a promotion in the current job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Concur (Redmond, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

The Phone screen was easy and it went through well. The half-day 1:1 interviews went well too. The technical questions asked were not difficult at all - mostly around writing a simple query or writing a simple class. The behavioral questions are probably given more importance than the technical ones - one possible reason the interview didn't result in an offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Concur (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was one of the worst interview experience i have ever faced in my career so far. One of senior member in panel was so pathetic and disrespectful that i felt like screaming at him for once but i held my emotions and let him speak. I was interviewing for web application engineer profile. I was asked couple of initial questions and then asked to solve a problem on anagram on white board. I was writing logic to solve problem and interviewer was so specific about everything i was writing on board. Ex: i was asked to write "If" as "if". He said he would cut my interview marks based on usage of capital letter.

He was so arrogant that he was refusing to listen to solution. He said it wont work forget it. I went ahead and put solution on board and explained that it would work. Then he changed question to large data etc so i kept modifying solution to fit given scenario. All he wanted to do was to make fun of me.
    Ex: Do you know networking protocols? I said no.
          Do you know why ping is used? I said to check if resource is alive or not on network.
          Do you know which network protocol it uses? I am not sure. Then he laughs and says you are from CISCO and you don't know this much also. It is basic thing. I replied to him. I have not worked a lot on networking protocol and it has been sometime since college that i read networking. I will brush up those areas and come back. Again he laughed and responded "you will prepare and come back also". I have never seen such horrible mocking in an interview all along.

I think people in company should be thought basic etiquette to take interviews and learn to respect interviewers attending process. We take out personal time to attend interviews. Even if someone joins company he works to ensure that your company grows with his abilities.