Condé Nast Advertising Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Condé Nast Advertising Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First job out of college, met with three different individuals in three days. Got a call from HR two days later and negotiated my salary. Accepted the position and moved to NYC. Very friendly team with high energy and business professional management.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Condé Nast

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Guided to a room with 5-6 others where you are given a short presentation on the company and then are asked to fill out a long personality quiz whilst waiting to be called into a 5 minute 1-1 interview - you can leave once both are complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about Conde Nast?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Questions directly referring to CV
      Answer Question

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast in May 2010.

Interview

Virtually the only way to score an interview with Conde Nast is through an employee referral. I knew someone who already worked here and sent my resume to HR. HR recieved my resume, cover letter, and letter of rec and called me for a phone interview. After I was cleared through the HR lady, she set up an in person, one on one interview with the Sales Director (who I am now the assistant for). I met with her and she conducted a standard interview (very conversational, asked a few typical interview questions). She advised me to send a thank you/follow-up letter to the HR contact that day (if I hadn't already) and cc her on the email. I had already sent a personal thank you card in the mail, but sent an additional email thank you and cc'd her, per her request. She seemed enthuastic about my first interview, resume, etc. and was especially impressed by a letter of recommendation that I provided. She told me she would like to bring me in for a second interview. She also gave me a short writing assignment to complete before my second interview (an example letter to a client pointing out their advertisement and highlighting my favorite three articles in that issue). The second interview was even more laid back from the first-- basically to confirm that I was interested in the position. She told me it was between me and one other candidate. I gave her my writing assigment. She followed up with an email saying she was impressed with my writing assignment, etc. A couple days later HR called me and made me an offer. My advice: do not worry about knowing everything about the company. I spent hours stressing about knowing all the magazines & corporate information, which was completely uneccessary. The only thing the Directors are interested in is making sure you can meet their every needs, are good at excel, pay a TON of attention to detail, and are okay with the fact that there are no opportunities of growth (while unofficially committing to about 2 years as their assistant). Other than that, it is all about clicking with your boss.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation

YES. HR called me and made me an offer-- she described all of the benefits, start date, exact roll of the position, and then my salary offer. I said I was very flattered but would have to think about it and call her back. I called her later that evening and said although I was thrilled about the prospect of working at Conde Nast, the salary was not was I was hoping for. She asked what my expectations were. I then countered with $2k more. She called the magazine that was hiring me, negotiated and called me back. She said she could offer it to me but could not go any higher. I believe I get paid slightly more than some of the other assistants (especially those in NY), but kind of wish I would've asked for more because there are no pay raises for assistants.