Condé Nast Editorial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was brief then I came in like 23476 more times met with alot of higher ups that just asked me annonymous questions nothing to do with my experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Condé Nast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straightforward for an EA position. Met with editors and had an edit test. It was more a discussion of the position than anything else, but they do like to see you're culturally inclined at Conde Nast.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Very formal, everything went through HR. Multiple forms to fill out, writing samples required. 4 separate rounds of interviews with different officers. Scheduling was a bit of a problem as they would often ask if I could meet during times I had already listed as unavailable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Tried for a higher salary and was told the base pay was company policy across the board. Assistants do more work than many editors in a work day and work many more hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I was invited to a general recruiting session for post-graduates. Many other job-seekers were former interns like myself, though a few had been invited because of resume submissions. It was essentially a cattle-call and the interviewer I had treated me like I wasn't worth his time. He asked if I still spoke with my former employers (of course, I had) and why I hadn't reached out to them for job recs (again, I had). None of my answers were impressive to him and he rarely even looked me in the eye. He was rude and honestly makes me want to turn my back on the company every time I consider applying for a position.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you just freelance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Really laid back, conversation based. No technical questions, just getting a feel for the company and the interviewee

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Mexico City (Mexico)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had three sets of interviews, one with the web editor, another with the editor-in-chief and human resources. I was asked to go through a writing test too. The process took around a month, I initially interviewed for a position as collaborator but then the vacancy came available. I got the interview by contacting directly the editor and sending her my CV.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • This job it's about long hours and a lot of commitment, are you sure you are ready for it?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview

interviewed with HR and then editor

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

i went in to talk to one of the editors after getting a call and they automatically made an offer. they were really nice and polite. very straight forward

Interview Questions

• what do you like about fashion?   1 Answer