Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editorial Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone. They asked me to come in the following week to meet with editors. They copied me on an email that no one responded to. Very shady.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email and provided with a link to an app called 'take the interview', was given 48 hours to complete a video interview. I submitted the interview (written questions; 2-minute video response per question) The app was easy enough to use but I suggest using a laptop instead of a tablet or iPad. The response was less than appropriate, I heard back around 10 am the next morning with a snarky NO.

Interview Questions

• Q1 Describe your background -general resume overview   Answer Question
    • Q2 Why do you think you would do well as a sales assistant   Answer Question
    • Q3 When given a series of tasks how do you prioritize your workload (what are your best practices)   Answer Question
    • Q4 Favorite Conde Nast brand and why   Answer Question
    • Q5 Describe a time it was necessary to change or modify your actions in order to respond to the needs of another   Answer Question
    • Q6 Please describe a time you had to utilize your problem-solving skills in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Q7 What are your long term career goals   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the role and received word for initial phasing screen by HR. I was then chosen to come in for face to face interview with the team a week later. I met with three team members but was disappointed to hear that the role was already in hopes being given to someone who had the previously had the role. Definitely felt like my time was being wasted and that this was just a formality but that they already knew they wanted that candidate. Second interviewer was a bit brash and condescending. I never heard back from them which was also rude. Needless to say, the experience made me realize that this wasn't where I wanted to go next.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview with a HR manager for the following week. Phone interview went great. HR Manager stated that there were several paths for advancement with Condé Nast. At the end of the phone interview, the onsite interview was scheduled for the following week with the position's supervisor. Interviewer came off rude and was not on the same page as the HR manager for several things (including advancement). Interviewer made the position seem like it was a tedious and demanding dead-end job.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was then reached out for a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was by far one of the worst phone interviews I have had in my career. I've never had someone so impersonal over the phone and right off the bat when I picked up the phone, there was no introduction and straight to the questions. The first "question" took me an awkward 3 seconds to figure out that she wanted me to start and explain my background to her. After that, she was shooting off questions and almost sounded "glad" when I wasn't able to answer a question better. I work in the field of INTERVIEWING and judge a lot by the interviewer and after that, I am GLAD I was passed over because that showed how bad/toxic the culture/environment must be.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial technical screening over the phone. Mainly a review of your work history and some questions that tests your knowledge of programming fundamentals. This is followed by an onsite interview where you meet with several engineers over the course of about 4 hours, following a similar process - a discussion of your background and work history as well as technical exercises on a whiteboard

Interview Questions

• Given a set of specifications and requirements for a certain project, describe the architecture you would use to implement it and justify your decisions along the way   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I responded to posting on Austin Digital Jobs for Product Management position in the new Austin Office. The Director of Engineering in the Austin Office let me know my resume was then sent to the the New York office to schedule a 15 minute phone screen. The phone screen lasted 5 minutes and the recruiter said she was being pulled into a meeting and would reschedule. She never did. While on the call the recruiter interrupted frequently and didn't give the impression that she was even listening to what I was saying.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly straightforward for an EA position. Met with editors and had an edit test. It was more a discussion of the position than anything else, but they do like to see you're culturally inclined at Conde Nast.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed directly with the editor. Straightforward, not much prep needed as long as you know your stuff, such as why this company and where you want to be in 5 years. Make sure you can answer things succinctly and that you know the brand well. For example, know writers and articles, and how the brand impacts your life.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

I obtained interview through a temp agency, for which I had worked several contract positions. The recruiter arranged initial interview with a senior marketing executive. Three interviews resulted.The first, was a very brief meet and greet with the exec at CN office; I was asked to come back for longer comprehensive interview In a second interview, I was briefed on a new administrative position in a experimental "think tank" department involved in social media/tech/app development. Also, was asked about my role at prior contract position. The exec mostly was tight lipped about giving any more info about the position and specifics of what was being developed in regards to the "think tank", it was all very mysterious. I actually learned more about the CN famed cafeteria; the diversity of cafeteria food selections, apparently is one of the perks.The third appointment, I met "think tank" team and interviewed with two senior tech developers. FYI, showed up at last interview soaking wet, and a half-hour late, due to torrential rain and subway shut-down. That was a deal breaker-LOL, but we graciously proceed with interview as a formality. Was not too disappointed, my gut impression of CN culture was later confirmed by a consoling friend and ex-CN associate. This friend worked at CN for years as creative editor under a big shot, mentioned that no one ever moves up, only move to different departments; recalled long hrs and low pay resulting in creative exploitation by bigger fish.

Interview Questions

• First interview was just quick face to face, In a second interview, I was briefed on a new administrative position in an experiment "think tank" department involved in social media/tech/app development. Also, was asked about my role at prior contract position. The exec mostly was tight lipped about giving any more info about the position and
      apparently is one of the perks.The third appointment, with "think tank" team members, was asked how I helped the team at my prior position. What achievements was I most proud of accomplishing in my last position? Also, Did I use social media, and my experience with it; Did I read any blogs, and which ones?; Lastly, what was my experience with technology/apps, and which did I use?   Answer Question