Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.6

166 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editorial Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone. They asked me to come in the following week to meet with editors. They copied me on an email that no one responded to. Very shady.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email and provided with a link to an app called 'take the interview', was given 48 hours to complete a video interview. I submitted the interview (written questions; 2-minute video response per question) The app was easy enough to use but I suggest using a laptop instead of a tablet or iPad. The response was less than appropriate, I heard back around 10 am the next morning with a snarky NO.

Interview Questions

• Q1 Describe your background -general resume overview   Answer Question
    • Q2 Why do you think you would do well as a sales assistant   Answer Question
    • Q3 When given a series of tasks how do you prioritize your workload (what are your best practices)   Answer Question
    • Q4 Favorite Conde Nast brand and why   Answer Question
    • Q5 Describe a time it was necessary to change or modify your actions in order to respond to the needs of another   Answer Question
    • Q6 Please describe a time you had to utilize your problem-solving skills in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Q7 What are your long term career goals   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was brief then I came in like 23476 more times met with alot of higher ups that just asked me annonymous questions nothing to do with my experience.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the role and received word for initial phasing screen by HR. I was then chosen to come in for face to face interview with the team a week later. I met with three team members but was disappointed to hear that the role was already in hopes being given to someone who had the previously had the role. Definitely felt like my time was being wasted and that this was just a formality but that they already knew they wanted that candidate. Second interviewer was a bit brash and condescending. I never heard back from them which was also rude. Needless to say, the experience made me realize that this wasn't where I wanted to go next.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview with a HR manager for the following week. Phone interview went great. HR Manager stated that there were several paths for advancement with Condé Nast. At the end of the phone interview, the onsite interview was scheduled for the following week with the position's supervisor. Interviewer came off rude and was not on the same page as the HR manager for several things (including advancement). Interviewer made the position seem like it was a tedious and demanding dead-end job.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was then reached out for a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was by far one of the worst phone interviews I have had in my career. I've never had someone so impersonal over the phone and right off the bat when I picked up the phone, there was no introduction and straight to the questions. The first "question" took me an awkward 3 seconds to figure out that she wanted me to start and explain my background to her. After that, she was shooting off questions and almost sounded "glad" when I wasn't able to answer a question better. I work in the field of INTERVIEWING and judge a lot by the interviewer and after that, I am GLAD I was passed over because that showed how bad/toxic the culture/environment must be.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had 3 separate interviews, a phone interview with HR, one with the Manager and one with the Director. I then had to fill out references where they asked all of them a series of questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial technical screening over the phone. Mainly a review of your work history and some questions that tests your knowledge of programming fundamentals. This is followed by an onsite interview where you meet with several engineers over the course of about 4 hours, following a similar process - a discussion of your background and work history as well as technical exercises on a whiteboard

Interview Questions

• Given a set of specifications and requirements for a certain project, describe the architecture you would use to implement it and justify your decisions along the way   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Condé Nast (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I responded to posting on Austin Digital Jobs for Product Management position in the new Austin Office. The Director of Engineering in the Austin Office let me know my resume was then sent to the the New York office to schedule a 15 minute phone screen. The phone screen lasted 5 minutes and the recruiter said she was being pulled into a meeting and would reschedule. She never did. While on the call the recruiter interrupted frequently and didn't give the impression that she was even listening to what I was saying.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

submitted application online, followed up many times, phone interview with HR, another 2 months waiting and then finally a face to face with 2 top editors. one very friendly, the other very tough.
    it all came down to my writing samples and i think, to my flexibility with pay. they are very careful not to promise much. whole atmosphere very quiet and not forthcoming

Interview Questions

• can you handle digital editing   1 Answer